Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys I know it’s been a couple months but any updates? I’m having the same problem where my door ajar light turns on sometimes while I’m driving and then the alarm rings day and night so I don’t think the heat is a factor. I would like to see what worked long term for you guys before I head to the shop and pay more money than what the cars worth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys I know it’s been a couple months but any updates? I’m having the same problem where my door ajar light turns on sometimes while I’m driving and then the alarm rings day and night so I don’t think the heat is a factor. I would like to see what worked long term for you guys before I head to the shop and pay more money than what the cars worth.
Hi g00nzs, unfortunately I haven't found a long term solution. With not having to use the car much here in the UK for past 12 months I resorted to disconnecting the battery to stop the alarm going off! Not a practical solution if you're using the car daily. Would appreciate any update on fixes from others too, as with things starting to open up again in UK will be using the car more. Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi g00nzs, unfortunately I haven't found a long term solution. With not having to use the car much here in the UK for past 12 months I resorted to disconnecting the battery to stop the alarm going off! Not a practical solution if you're using the car daily. Would appreciate any update on fixes from others too, as with things starting to open up again in UK will be using the car more. Cheers
That’s unfortunate. I tried checking my pin connectors under the hood for any corrosion hoping for a quick cheap fix but mine were clear of any. I think the fault in mine is in the door sensor/latch systems. I’ve been dreading having to go to the dealership to get it fixed since I’m a very very broke college student working part time so I know it’s gonna be killer to my wallet but leaving my car unlocked whenever I head out gives me too much anxiety. I’ll keep the form updated when I decide to head to a mechanic. Good luck to anyone else with this problem.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts