Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mazda 6 TS Auto 2008 UK model.

The car was left at an airport for 3 weeks. When I returned to pick up the car, the parking staff
informed me that the battery had become flatened and that they had jump started it, as they had left
the car running, I drove it home approx 100 mls.

Later that day, the alarm started going off for no reason, whilst the car was parked.
It would reset OK using the key fob. But would go off again sometimes in the middle of the night,
much to the annoyance of my neighbours.

Having looked on this site for possible solutions, I first decided to buy a new battery with a higher
Amp Hour rating. This stopped the random alarm activation for about a week, then they started again.

I was reluctant to take the car to a Mazda dealer, as I don't have much faith in them from past experience.
The rear door locks appear to be a problem for some owners but I convinced myself that these were not the cause here.

In looking to find a fuse that I could remove to silence the alarm, (the horn fuse does not disable the alarm siren
by the way), I separated the multiway connector underneath the fuse box cover. This revealed that one
of the pins had become tarnished causing the platic around the pin socket to become discoloured.

Having disconnected the battery I cleaned the pin and socket, then gently teased the metal part of the socket
to one side in order to force the female part to make a tighter contact with the pin. If the pin and socket were too
badly corroded I would have cut the appropriate wires and joined them together outside of the plug and socket.

The alarm has not sounded for approx 2 months now, so I consider it Fixed.

Thanks for the input from other forum members who's help guided me to fixing my problem.

See Photo's.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi RustyNuts
Many thanks for this info.
I have had the same problem with my 2010 SL estate for the last 2 years.
After reading your item above, I decided to check my multiway connector.
Amazingly, it was exactly the same as yours so I have cleaned it up and given it a dose of WD40.
Hopefully it will work as well as your solution appears to have worked for you.
Fingers crossed ! .... and thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mazda 6 TS Auto 2008 UK model.

The car was left at an airport for 3 weeks. When I returned to pick up the car, the parking staff
informed me that the battery had become flatened and that they had jump started it, as they had left
the car running, I drove it home approx 100 mls.

Later that day, the alarm started going off for no reason, whilst the car was parked.
It would reset OK using the key fob. But would go off again sometimes in the middle of the night,
much to the annoyance of my neighbours.

Having looked on this site for possible solutions, I first decided to buy a new battery with a higher
Amp Hour rating. This stopped the random alarm activation for about a week, then they started again.

I was reluctant to take the car to a Mazda dealer, as I don't have much faith in them from past experience.
The rear door locks appear to be a problem for some owners but I convinced myself that these were not the cause here.

In looking to find a fuse that I could remove to silence the alarm, (the horn fuse does not disable the alarm siren
by the way), I separated the multiway connector underneath the fuse box cover. This revealed that one
of the pins had become tarnished causing the platic around the pin socket to become discoloured.

Having disconnected the battery I cleaned the pin and socket, then gently teased the metal part of the socket
to one side in order to force the female part to make a tighter contact with the pin. If the pin and socket were too
badly corroded I would have cut the appropriate wires and joined them together outside of the plug and socket.

The alarm has not sounded for approx 2 months now, so I consider it Fixed.

Thanks for the input from other forum members who's help guided me to fixing my problem.

See Photo's.
I have had this same problem following your post I disconnected the connector and voila, the exact same image as your picture. I couldn't really see what the discoloration was but wiped clean easily and sprayed with electronic contact cleaner, fingers crossed and thanks. Anyone know why this is?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts