Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering around in Wal-Mart yesterday to pick up more detailer and glass cleaner and noticed a bottle I havnt seen before. Rain-X Fast Wax was sitting on the shelf where NXT use to be. Now I am an avid fan of Rain-X for my windshield and thought to myself, I wonder how well this will work compared to the other Rain-X products. Now I have searched the forums and have seen very few instances mentioning this Fast Wax, so I am hesitant on trying it out. I am currently using NXT Generation Tech Wax and not real pleased on how long it lasts and what it keeps off my car. (About a month, still get mud splats and all kinds of nasty stuff)

So, who here has tried the Rain-X Fast Wax and would reccommend it over the other top name brands?

·
Registered
177 Posts
i have a bottle of it. its not bad. i used eagle wax-as-you-dry stuff before. i like the rainx better. gives my car a brighter shine in the sun.

cant wait to use it on my rx-7 that i just bought.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
So I was wondering around in Wal-Mart yesterday to pick up more detailer and glass cleaner and noticed a bottle I havnt seen before. Rain-X Fast Wax was sitting on the shelf where NXT use to be. Now I am an avid fan of Rain-X for my windshield and thought to myself, I wonder how well this will work compared to the other Rain-X products. Now I have searched the forums and have seen very few instances mentioning this Fast Wax, so I am hesitant on trying it out. I am currently using NXT Generation Tech Wax and not real pleased on how long it lasts and what it keeps off my car. (About a month, still get mud splats and all kinds of nasty stuff)

So, who here has tried the Rain-X Fast Wax and would reccommend it over the other top name brands?
[/b]
just to let you know the next tech fast wax isint really meant to protect its meant to just enhance the looks, but for the rain x stuff i have seen people use it and i like any meguires or mothers(mothers is nice because it smells like cinnamon :) )fast wax i think it gives it a nicer shine.

as a side note i was watching a video about car detailing and i say a guy apply fast wax all over the car and let it dry before he wiped it up, i didnt think you were supposed to do this it say on the bottle not to let it dry, what do you guys think about that, sorry for the thread jack. :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as a side note i was watching a video about car detailing and i say a guy apply fast wax all over the car and let it dry before he wiped it up, i didnt think you were supposed to do this it say on the bottle not to let it dry, what do you guys think about that, sorry for the thread jack. :)
[/b]
Whenever I wax I always let it dry before wiping it off. Figure it can't hurt... although it is alot easier to wipe off when it hasnt fully dried, so that might be the reason why the instructions say dont let it dry.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,537 Posts
Whenever I wax I always let it dry before wiping it off. Figure it can't hurt... although it is alot easier to wipe off when it hasnt fully dried, so that might be the reason why the instructions say dont let it dry.
[/b]
He's not talking about paste or liquid wax that you're supposed to let dry to a haze before wiping off, he's talking about the wax-as-you-dry sprays that are only meant to use BETWEEN wax applications.

To answer iboo's question. No, don't let it dry. I don't understand why anyone would anyway, considering it'd probably leave watermarks or the like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts