Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 Mazda6s GT with the rain sensing wipers. I had the windshield replaced yesterday. Now when I start the car, the wipers make one sweep of the windshield and then park. They never did this before. They otherwise work as designed. What happened?

·
Registered
100 Posts
It could be that they need to be reset - manual suggests doing this in event of windshield replacement. Here's how to reset the auto wipers

1. Ignition off - wipers on OFF
2. Turn wipers to AUTO position
3. Turn ignition ON - Within 10 seconds - switch from AUTO to OFF 5 times - 1 second off 1 second auto
4. The wipers will cycle once to register new initialization

Give it a try - hope it helps. Mine we so sensitive when I first got it - tried this and now they work great !!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm gonna need this next week . . . cracked the windshield from the vin plate to the upper passenger side corner :eek:

I'd heard that washing a car when it's hot can do this, but it's never happened on ANY of the vehicles I'd had :(

FYI: HOT = under 90 degrees inside and about 60 degrees outside . . . and the glass is cool enough to hold your hand on it (grumble)

·
Registered
23 Posts
It could be that they need to be reset - manual suggests doing this in event of windshield replacement. Here's how to reset the auto wipers

1. Ignition off - wipers on OFF
2. Turn wipers to AUTO position
3. Turn ignition ON - Within 10 seconds - switch from AUTO to OFF 5 times - 1 second off 1 second auto
4. The wipers will cycle once to register new initialization

Give it a try - hope it helps. Mine we so sensitive when I first got it - tried this and now they work great !!
I'm having this same issue, I can't get the reset instructions to work on my '09 6iGT. I tried the above instructions, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Everytime I turn on the ignition my wipers wipe once. The sensor is clean. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts