Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Thanks for the pics and descriptions on the radio removal. I finally got around to installing my Sirius Starmate receiver in the glove box compartment above the radio. Don't have pics as of yet but i will give a few pointers...
The removal of all components was very easy according to the directions in the mazda6tech forum. To install the Sirius receiver i needed to drill a hole inside the glove box compartment. As learned from another forum, be careful not to drill into the inside of the compartment and scratch it. I filled my box with an old towel and just took my time with the drill.
I also used the Auxmod to direct wire the receiver. Props to those guys, their chip is definately worth purchasing (www.sylfex.com). A tip to running the wires out of the receiver and along the channel between the A/C vents...use a piece of 3M double sided tape to hold the wires in place. The shift and can get in the way when you are reinstalling the components.
I have found that the antenna can perfectly be placed on the INSIDE of the car on the back dash and mounted with the same double sided tape. If using the same antenna that comes with the Sirius, the cable is long enough to run along the back dash, down the seat and then tuck underneath the passenger side sills without removing any pieces. Follow the wire harness behind the passenger seat glove box and then right to your Sirius unit. A simple Metra Cigarette Lighter Adapter from the Circuit City (or anywhere) install shop is all you need to hardwire the unit to the car. I spliced the wires to the cigarette lighter input in the middle console and safely tucked the excess wire and connector next to the (manual) shifter.

This is a very easy install for any electronic device thanks to some time and the Auxmod.

P.S. For anyone that disconnects your battery and then cant work your windows after connecting it again, READ your Owners Manual! I thought i shorted something out but a few minute process will get you back up and running!

http://www.mazda6tech.com/articles/how-to/...36&Itemid=1
:drive:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
great write-up. add some pics

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.