Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 6i w/ non-Bose HU, OEM speakers, the AudioLink USB from RPM, and a Creative Zen Sleek Photo connected w/ a 1/8" patch cable.

Before last night, my radio used to sound 100x better w/ the AudioLink, the bass used to really kick, everything was nice and crisp. After I got off from work last night, I started my mp3 player, and all of a sudden, everything was lacking. It sounded way too low, extremely mid-heavy, barely any bass, and almost no treble, kinda sounded like I was listening to a radio station. I checked the car's EQ's, and nothing was different, I checked if any speaker was blown and/or messed up using the directional settings (fade and balance), they all sounded pretty much the same.

Normally, I'd have the mp3 player on max volume (25), on the Rock EQ setting, and my radio on 12, which would be loud enough (it could be heard in my house w/ the windows up, and the car in the driveway). After this happened, I had to put the radio on 19 or 20 to get it to be just as loud (made it sound even shittier).

I know for a fact it's not my mp3 player, because it sounds fine w/ headphones, and I even put my comp's speakers (140W, 7.1 surround), and it sounds perfect..

I tried a CD, and it sounded okay, but then again, I never liked the way how CD's sound, and it's been a while since I listened to a CD in the car.

So, I'm not sure if it's the HU, my speakers, or the AudioLink..... I'm hoping it's not the AudioLink, because I'm already on my SECOND ONE since JULY..

This is kind of a longshot, but has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I'm here. I scan the forums, but just overlooked your post.

If your AudioLink is starting to give you problems, we will definitely take care of you. We want to ensure that everyone has a completely functional unit. We are also continually in contact with the manufacturer about problems that we see.

You simply need to contact us via email, providing your order number, a brief description of the problem, and your shipping address to get the process started.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts