Mazda 6 Forums banner

Rack and pinion upgrade

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MrTea 
#1 ·
Hey, how about some aftermarket support to upgrade the rack and pinion set-up?

I used to have an evo 8 (untill some drunk chick hit me at about 70 mph), and that car was fully turned at about 70 degrees either way.

I promise you this would drastically improve our time attack times and what-not.

Just a thought/request.

#2 ·
aftermarket is pretty much nill at this point, still only a few months old in the states. gotta wait a year or so at least to see those things showing up...and that's if there is actually a draw for them.

#4 ·
not a known one at least yet. perhaps looking to see what tripoint uses would be a start? one of their guys is on msprotege or MOCC, can't remember which one. but someone can call.

anyone confirm it's different parts from standard to speed? i know i don't have any issues on the track, but perhaps the speed rack is different?

#5 ·
anyone confirm it's different parts from standard to speed? i know i don't have any issues on the track, but perhaps the speed rack is different?
[/b]
Both the Standard and the 'Speed have 16.1:1 ratios. The lock-to-lock is slightly different which gives the 'Speed its' slightly smaller turning radius.

#7 ·
i track my car as often as possible, if i saw the need for it, i'd me at some company getting it done. but i haven't seen the need and in 3 years only 1 person has asked about it...so don't think it's going to happen anytime soon at least.

but if you want something, make some calls, shoot some emails....IT WORKS WONDERS!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.