Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, how about some aftermarket support to upgrade the rack and pinion set-up?

I used to have an evo 8 (untill some drunk chick hit me at about 70 mph), and that car was fully turned at about 70 degrees either way.

I promise you this would drastically improve our time attack times and what-not.

Just a thought/request.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
aftermarket is pretty much nill at this point, still only a few months old in the states. gotta wait a year or so at least to see those things showing up...and that's if there is actually a draw for them.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
not a known one at least yet. perhaps looking to see what tripoint uses would be a start? one of their guys is on msprotege or MOCC, can't remember which one. but someone can call.

anyone confirm it's different parts from standard to speed? i know i don't have any issues on the track, but perhaps the speed rack is different?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
anyone confirm it's different parts from standard to speed? i know i don't have any issues on the track, but perhaps the speed rack is different?
[/b]
Both the Standard and the 'Speed have 16.1:1 ratios. The lock-to-lock is slightly different which gives the 'Speed its' slightly smaller turning radius.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Both the Standard and the 'Speed have 16.1:1 ratios. The lock-to-lock is slightly different which gives the 'Speed its' slightly smaller turning radius.
[/b]
I don't think the steering ratio is too bad, not bad enough to justify an upgrade for most folks anyways, I doubt we'll see this developed.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
i track my car as often as possible, if i saw the need for it, i'd me at some company getting it done. but i haven't seen the need and in 3 years only 1 person has asked about it...so don't think it's going to happen anytime soon at least.

but if you want something, make some calls, shoot some emails....IT WORKS WONDERS!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
MrTea
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing