Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I finally got around to installing my Racing Beats! All I can say is, sweet! I keep on wanting to drive more now :)

Check out my review here:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=840980

Once we get some time, I'm gonna do a 3 way comparo and shoot-out with Hillmar's Mazdaspeed's, m6invan's Magnaflow (6i) and the Racing Beats.

:drive:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Congrats dude. I'd like to hear the difference as well, so keep us posted on when and where.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
nice... yah you should come to the fender roll / shortshifter install and we'll do up a video and see the differences. I'll take a look at the video when I get home... but in the meantime.....

:TTIWWP:

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The video has pics buddy! :) But yeah, I'll try and get some pics the next couple of days in the outdoors. So much rain lately its been hard finding a day that I can go outoors... inside the underground parking lot there's just not enough light.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Nice video... aren't you afraid someone might run off with your camera while you went on the drive.. ;) You had a tripod setup?

As I was afraid to leave my camera and drive off!

·
Registered
436 Posts
that sounds really good! Sounds much nicer than the Magnaflows. From the clips I've seen, they almost sound tinny. I'm not 100% on the tip design though.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sounds good spidy! Can't wait for the comparo agaist my mazdaspeed exhaust!! :D

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I used a tripod... and I knew I'd be back in a jiffy, it was dark, so I doubted anyone would be able to come by that quickly... plus they'd have to run up a hill.

And yeah, to me it sounds really nice. I find myself driving with the windows down more to get the sound... or turning off the radio and flooring it in 3rd gear.

I love that low grunt, but I also love the fact that the inside still is comfortable for a car that is already pretty comfy.

I think people looking for more ompph and noise/rumble inside would be disappointed though...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I miss the sound of my Magnaflows :(

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i feel for you guys. there's something intoxicating about hitting the just the right exhaust note... makes driving fun... especially the first time u turn on that key in the morning :)

but anyways, i thought you guys got rid of your magnaflows/borla's cause the drone was driving you guys nuts?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
i feel for you guys. there's something intoxicating about hitting the just the right exhaust note... makes driving fun... especially the first time u turn on that key in the morning :)

but anyways, i thought you guys got rid of your magnaflows/borla's cause the drone was driving you guys nuts?
[/b]

For me, I needed the money and gf didn't like the droning sound (but now she realizes that she liked it better with the exhaust...haha)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a Racing Beat exhaust and Springs on my RX7 - and I love them both. Their quality far surpasses pretty much ever aftermarket company out there. When I saw they had started making parts for the 6 I was excited to day the least!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I would love an exhaust again, but right about now, I'm just frustrated with the car and just the overall quality of the car that I don't think I want to put anymore money into the car at all. Wouldn't even know if I'd buy another Mazda again. I know for sure I won't buy one that's totally different from other models around the world. All those Mazda awards...I think they're BS cause half the awards are based on the overseas models of the Mazda6 which have a proven track records. All I ever hear about the 6 are problems people have. Don't mind me...I'm just bitter right now cause I'm trying to save up money but every time I save up a bit, it goes down the drain because of one thing or another. If I ever get another Mazda, it better be one that has a good track record here, not just one that's getting accolades around the world for a model that's totally different than what we have here. Of course, I wouldn't rule out getting a Speed6 if I was able to afford it though...haha...but then again, I still love driving my car...just annoyed with the problems...so if I had the money...I'd put a whole crap load of Mazdaspeed parts on my car with the clutch being the first! *sigh* it's so nice to be rich...why am I not rich?!?

·
Registered
542 Posts
^^Don't worry about it, everything is gonna be alright at the end!!
:D

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I pretty much have my heart set on getting the Injen this summer. I just have to find someone in Seattle that I can ship it to and get free shipping. If I can find someone, then I'll probably get the coil overs at the same time so I wouldn't have to drive down twice.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'll keep an eye out for some used injen's! :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Wow, that sounds sizzling, Spidy. Congrats :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts