Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Mazda 6i atx to start off with. So i buy the racing beats muffler fromt eh rpm store sohwn here. http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.ph...2507b33af5d639a
so all i have to is remove the bolts from the y pipe and attach the new mufflers using hte same bolts. Its that easy. Or am i missing something. Theres no welding or cutting correct. Will i be able to do this install im a total newb but if it simple im really easy at teaching myself. What tools will you need and is everything that is needed for install coming in this package.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
2005 Mazda 6i atx to start off with. So i buy the racing beats muffler fromt eh rpm store sohwn here. http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.ph...2507b33af5d639a
so all i have to is remove the bolts from the y pipe and attach the new mufflers using hte same bolts. Its that easy. Or am i missing something. Theres no welding or cutting correct. Will i be able to do this install im a total newb but if it simple im really easy at teaching myself. What tools will you need and is everything that is needed for install coming in this package.
[/b]

you should be able to install it with basic handtools. I'm not sure if it comes with instructions, but I'm sure they're how-to's posted on this site as well as mazda6tech

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and lastly, i love the sound when soemone turns there car on and you can hear it from twenty feat away. I also love to hear their exhaust when they just tap on the gas. I currenty have an aem intake and love the sound of it but it sux i have to floor it to get to that sound. Will the racing beats satisfy me enough or should i get a different one. Also anybody with them could you do an interior drive with them on i didnt find any pics. So do you guys think iw ll be satisifed with the racing beats or do i have to floor it to hear teh exhaust.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
and lastly, i love the sound when soemone turns there car on and you can hear it from twenty feat away. I also love to hear their exhaust when they just tap on the gas. I currenty have an aem intake and love the sound of it but it sux i have to floor it to get to that sound. Will the racing beats satisfy me enough or should i get a different one. Also anybody with them could you do an interior drive with them on i didnt find any pics. So do you guys think iw ll be satisifed with the racing beats or do i have to floor it to hear teh exhaust.
[/b]

na, u should be able to hear it from start up!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice so if im just idling or barely moving do you think ill be able to hear the engine idling or is this something like the intake were it needs to be floored to hear it

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
dont listen to rainmens on this one..
if you want an exhaust that you can hear from 20 feet away go with the magnaflow. Racing beat is low but moderately loud. Magnaflow is low and loud. Both have great tones to them, but its all about preference. You sound like a guy who would be happier with magnaflows (which is the same price). I prefer racing beat cause i dont want my exhaust to be loud..

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do magnoflows come with just axle back where i jsut on bolt then re bolt. I dont wnat to do a full exhaust just new mufflers

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
if you want an exhaust that you can hear from 20 feet away go with the magnaflow.
[/b]
My magnaflow catback is not loud at all. Just deeper note without being annoying like a ricer civic. That's why I like it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how abo this ill tell you the situation you tell me whether the racing beat is good or something else. #1. i only want new mufflers no catback or anything. reason parents, there car they said ok to mufflers not an entire exhaust. #2. i want osemthing that osmeone ten feet away can hear and you can hear fairly loud when tapping hte gas. Reason i ahve intake and i love the sound hwen you floor it but when you dont floor it you cant hear anything. I ondt want an exhaust thats quite unless you floor it. #3. its my car and if my parents car need it they can use it. I cant get something really loudor else theyll make me take it off and i lose money. SO wat should i get.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I ondt want an exhaust thats quite unless you floor it.
[/b]
OK, so you don't want an exhaust that is quiet.

I cant get something really loudor else theyll make me take it off and i lose money.
[/b]
And you don't want exhaust that is loud because of your parents.

:huh:

Am I the only one that is confused here?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
A local muffler shop can take off your resonators for like $45. All they are there to do is resonate/lower the DB level. A buddy just went this route since he has a lease and it made his V6 Pontaic G6 sound alot meaner.

·
Registered
298 Posts
A local muffler shop can take off your resonators for like $45. All they are there to do is resonate/lower the DB level. A buddy just went this route since he has a lease and it made his V6 Pontaic G6 sound alot meaner.
[/b]

I took this route and got my self straight-pipes for $70 at local muffler shop. :dmetal: :dmetal: and so far i like it. It's much louder than with mufflers that for sure…. And now when car is cold at start its ground shaking loud for few seconds. But I have V6 so don’t know how is I-4……

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ye abasically it is that confusing. wat do u guys think about the tanabe for 499 on rpmstore. do i need kartboy hangers with them and does the hanger have to be welded.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I took this route and got my self straight-pipes for $70 at local muffler shop. :dmetal: :dmetal: and so far i like it. It's much louder than with mufflers that for sure…. And now when car is cold at start its ground shaking loud for few seconds. But I have V6 so don’t know how is I-4……
[/b]
Please take a video and post it up with Blackmagics exhaust post. I am thinking about going the same route with/with out mufflers and would love to hear it!

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
ye abasically it is that confusing. wat do u guys think about the tanabe for 499 on rpmstore. do i need kartboy hangers with them and does the hanger have to be welded.
[/b]
I know that you just want mufflers only. But for $499, you can buy the whole magnaflow catback with some spare change left. The installation is easy, everything is bolt on, so I recommend going that route.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,571 Posts
[/b]

I have Magnaflow and you definitely can hear mine on start-up. It sets my one neighbor's car alarm off every single morning (his alarm's really sensitive). ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts