Mazda 6 Forums banner

RB Rear Sway

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, Racing Beat has created a sway bar kit for the regular mazda6 that everyone has been raving about. Not only have their sways outperformed others, but they have also been offered at a very reasonable price. A few of the suspension gurus on this forum have said that adding the RB rear sway is all you need to improve the handling to the mazda6. I would like to have the same opportunity.

I am currently communicating with Jim of RacingBeat and they are throwing around the idea of producing a sway kit. From what he tells me, the rear bar may be all that is needed to reduce the understeer. Since the stock front bar is already 24mm, it may not need to be changed out. The stock rear is 21mm, and RB might bump that up to about 28mm. This should eliminate any understeer and reduce body roll.

just to reiterate, this is for a rear sway only and no front sway. RB is worried that if they dont produce a kit, then the bar wont sell.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
As some of you know, Racing Beat has created a sway bar kit for the regular mazda6 that everyone has been raving about. Not only have their sways outperformed others, but they have also been offered at a very reasonable price. A few of the suspension gurus on this forum have said that adding the RB rear sway is all you need to improve the handling to the mazda6. I would like to have the same opportunity.

I am currently communicating with Jim of RacingBeat and they are throwing around the idea of producing a sway kit. From what he tells me, the rear bar may be all that is needed to reduce the understeer. Since the stock front bar is already 24mm, it may not need to be changed out. The stock rear is 21mm, and RB might bump that up to about 28mm. This should eliminate any understeer and reduce body roll.
[/b]
Not just reduce understeer, it will create OVERSTEER :) :) :drool:

This is definately something that everyone should jump on. Basically, $160 shipped and about 1 hour for install. Best bang for the buck suspension mod out there.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not just reduce understeer, it will create OVERSTEER :) :) :drool:

This is definately something that everyone should jump on. Basically, $160 shipped and about 1 hour for install. Best bang for the buck suspension mod out there.
[/b]
the mazda6 RB rear sway is 130 shipped. this bar may require a few more bends, but i dont see it getting too much more expensive. 150-160 is probably a good estimate.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I won't be the first one to jump on this-like to see some real world experience in snow to make sure it won't make oversteer uncontrollable...

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I won't be the first one to jump on this-like to see some real world experience in snow to make sure it won't make oversteer uncontrollable...
[/b]
that's probably not gonna happen. a lot of the regular mazda6 owners throw a RB rear sway on and that's it. suspension is done. the RB rear sway for them is 27.5mm i believe and the stock front bar is 23mm. ask stretch or crossbow more about it. our stock front is 24mm and the rear would probably be in the same range as the RB for the mazda6. since RB won't be designing a full kit, they will design the rear sway to work with our stock front sway. they're not just gonna throw a bar out there that makes everyone donut.

·
Registered
795 Posts
count me in... i would love to have that on my car!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just wanted to add another thought.

im unsure about the bar diameter, but even if it were 24mm (same as AutoEXE), it would still cost 1/2 of the price. im sure RB will ultimately decide on a thickness that will give the car the most neutral feel to mild/moderate oversteer. the idea is to tune the suspension, not just stiffen it up.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
How about a good 32mm? :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
count me in if the price is in that ball park

·
Registered
676 Posts
count me in, I want to be able to corner flater and have a lot less understeer. Also I would hope that there diameter is not 24mm since thats only 1 mm thicker than the stock bar and probably wouldnt give enough of a change to warrent the $

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about a good 32mm? :D
[/b]
u wanna be in fast & furious 4: tokyo donut?

count me in, I want to be able to corner flater and have a lot less understeer. Also I would hope that there diameter is not 24mm since thats only 1 mm thicker than the stock bar and probably wouldnt give enough of a change to warrent the $
[/b]
the stock is 21mm per sportcompactcar.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
u wanna be in fast & furious 4: tokyo donut?
the stock is 21mm per sportcompactcar.
[/b]
LOL!!! I was kidding, but I would be in for a 28mm.

·
Registered
156 Posts
LOL!!! I was kidding, but I would be in for a 28mm.
[/b]
Rear sway would be a great addition.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Just so that everyone knows I already have a company making a rear sway also 28mm.

And they don't need to make a new front bar, the one they have already fits.

Can't elaborate too much because I'm at work, but there will be a rear bar fitted very soon.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just so that everyone knows I already have a company making a rear sway also 28mm.

And they don't need to make a new front bar, the one they have already fits.

Can't elaborate too much because I'm at work, but there will be a rear bar fitted very soon.
[/b]
when u get off work, what company is this? and how much do u estimate the price to be?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts