Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy the Racing Beat Exhaust System for my 6. Is anyone using these or know anybody that is using them on their 6.

http://www.racingbeat.com/FRmazda6.htm

Any recommendations on another brand that will keep the stock look? I don't want a loud exhaust. I want a deep rumble tough sound.

One more thing... their website mentions:

Note: If your car is equipped with the optional Mazda Rear Bumper Skirt and Exhaust Tips (see photo link), these Racing Beat mufflers are NOT compatible http://www.racingbeat.com/FRmazda6.htm

I am pretty sure by looking at the picture that my car is different...just looking for a second opinion.

Thanks!

·
Registered
247 Posts
these are pretty good ... magnaflows might be a little too loud, including the injens ... im still looking into where i can get some straight pipes though ...

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
its the add-on rear lip that causes the issue, since it has a different mold for the exhaust tips.

sports package = ok
base + appearence package = not ok

the sound is excellent. it has much more oomph to it than stock, but still has the same exact sound as stock. you'll never mistaken it for another car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Straight pipes!!!! That is a bit much for me but I bet that would sound tough!

Ahh... I was hoping to hear that my car would not have an issue with these mufflers. Cool. Man I am exicted about ordering these mufflers. Going to order tonight. I will post pics when done.

Thanks again for the replies!

·
Registered
788 Posts
There is simply nothing like Magnaflow - it can't be beat by racing beat...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is simply nothing like Magnaflow - it can't be beat by racing beat...
[/b]
What do the magnaflow sound like? Is your opinion based on quality, sound, performance, experience or all of them? I ordered the Racing Beat tonight. I hope to have them installed this weekend.

·
Registered
117 Posts
$400 + for a couple mufflers?! The piping from the exhaust manifold back is still stock! What the point of that? Needs more full cat back.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
$400 + for a couple mufflers?! The piping from the exhaust manifold back is still stock! What the point of that? Needs more full cat back.
[/b]
Not really. The stock catback is pretty good. You will not gain any power from a full catback, only if you swap for the CPE headers

·
Registered
117 Posts
Not really. The stock catback is pretty good. You will not gain any power from a full catback, only if you swap for the CPE headers
[/b]

Is it 2.5" piping then all the way back? That's what the sizing for an N/A 3L should be.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Not sure exactly, but I do know that by going with a completely catback system such as the magnaflows causes a small loss in low end power. DEFINATELY NO GAIN

·
Registered
901 Posts
Cat back exhaust gain you nothing on the mazda 6. The stock catback is 2.25" all the way back which is just fine for our 3.0L engines. The stock catback is about as free flowing as you can get, and there are MANY dyno charts that can prove that theres relativiely no gain with any aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Cat back exhaust gain you nothing on the mazda 6. The stock catback is 2.25" all the way back which is just fine for our 3.0L engines. The stock catback is about as free flowing as you can get, and there are MANY dyno charts that can prove that theres relativiely no gain with any aftermarket exhaust.
[/b]
Disagree - that slight loss of low end power with the Magnaflow is a direct result of the scavaging effect with the higher rpms giving you more HP to the degree of 5-6HP or so...the better movement of air will effect torque shift at low rpms...

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
[/b]
The stock cat-back is a 2 inch exhaust, not 2.25"...the magnaflow is a 2.25" exhaust. The only cat-back that offers a 2.5" catback is the Injen(that I know of), but the Injens take a lil away from the low end, and definately add to the high end....sorry folks, you gotta pay to play. You get what you pay for...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I'd like to run RB exhaust on my 06 but can't get a straight answer from RB if it will fit. I think it will, RB said they would like to test fit an 06 since the rear bumper is different than years past. Rb said I could order them and if the system didn't fit, I could return it. Seems like a PITA. I guess I'll wait until RB updates their info on the web.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd like to run RB exhaust on my 06 but can't get a straight answer from RB if it will fit. I think it will, RB said they would like to test fit an 06 since the rear bumper is different than years past. Rb said I could order them and if the system didn't fit, I could return it. Seems like a PITA. I guess I'll wait until RB updates their info on the web.
[/b]
You would think that RB would be on top of making their mufflers available on the 06. I really did not notice that the bumper was different. I know the front is different.

I don't know much about what makes an exhaust system produce more horse power.... I do know that I like the look of those mufflers and can't wait to install them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RB mufflers installed! Will post pics tomorrow. They sound great. Exactly what I was looking for. Not extremely loud but slight deeper sound than the stock.

Striped one nut when removing the stock. Had to cut the bolt. Other than that it was an easy mod.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will post them tomorrow. I do not have access to them tonight.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
22 Participants
MZBuckeye
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing