Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they are cheaper than magnaflow catbacks, do they increase any performance? any hp increase at all? what's the difference between other exausts(magnaflow) and racing beat? do they fit a 2006 6s hatchback?

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
there are little to no performance gains to be found in changing exhausts for the 6i or 6s.

Racing beat is an axle back exhaust, which means its a pair of mufflers that connect to the Y pipe. Magnaflow is a catback exhaust, which means it starts at the catalytic converter all the way back through the mufflers.

here:

while RB hasn't said anything about their items fitting 06 models, im 100% certain they do.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I went to Mazda the other day to look at the stock of RX 8's and the salesman took a SHIT right on the dealer lot when I drove off that day...I called him a day or two later about my visit and he asked me with all kinds of excitement: "What do you got on there? I know that is not stock!!! I listented to you start up and take off down the road..." You can put on some any-old mufflers but there is simply no comparison to the sound of Magnaflow!!! I have the 6s - they say it is even louder on the 6i...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts