Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The car is not done yet....these are just some teaser pics of the work so far!! :)

And one of me in the car on the way to RR.

·
Registered
578 Posts
did they cut the front bumper support?

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Nice! And WTF do you do for a living.. lol.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
glad to see things are actually coming along. remind me again why it took like a month to get this done for a 6 and like 4 months for the 3?

btw poor choice for FMIC pipe routing, you prob couldent have choose a longer route =(

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
QUOTE (superskaterxes @ Feb 10 2010, 05:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635962
glad to see things are actually coming along. remind me again why it took like a month to get this done for a 6 and like 4 months for the 3?

btw poor choice for FMIC pipe routing, you prob couldent have choose a longer route =([/b]
My thoughts exactly!! Keep up the good work and make sure you have it ready for our mazda track meet in sept so that you can beat skater down LOL. What do you think about that skater??

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
See if you can have them weld on a tubular front support around all that piping. I think SOME support is definitely needed.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
QUOTE (mpsanger6 @ Feb 10 2010, 11:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635955
The car is not done yet....these are just some teaser pics of the work so far!! :)

..............And one of me in the car on the way to RR.
[/b]

Hey, nice wheels! Did you ever get an alignment done?

·
Registered
120 Posts
NICE!!!...... thats a long drive for some custom work

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
You have to go that route unless you want to delete the windshield washer tank.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
QUOTE (JumpingJackson @ Feb 10 2010, 02:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636025
You have to go that route unless you want to delete the windshield washer tank.[/b]

or you can just transplant the WW pump into a meth tank and mount it in the fender well like i did. not bad for an extra 20 bucks and well worth the added gain from the better pipe design.

btw the crash bar basically holds the entire front clip of the car together as its not just for accidents.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i'd like to see how that coupler is gonna hold up to all that heat once that manifold starts getting hot. Boost temps are gonna be off the charts :dmetal:

·
Registered
909 Posts
Looks like they are making good use of the time you've given them :thumbup:

I had no idea you were a girl.. with a big turbo kit.. thats awesome! :)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Super id like to have windshield washer capability back, can you take pics of what you did with that?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (djuosnteisn @ Feb 10 2010, 12:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635968
See if you can have them weld on a tubular front support around all that piping. I think SOME support is definitely needed.[/b]
Yeah, I mentioned that to Steve when we talked about the IC. We still aren't finished yet.....

QUOTE (FORZDA 1 @ Feb 10 2010, 12:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635972
Hey, nice wheels! Did you ever get an alignment done?[/b]
Thanks! No alignment yet. I should do that soon, though.

QUOTE (boostedblack6 @ Feb 10 2010, 01:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635994
NICE!!!...... thats a long drive for some custom work[/b]
We were at Disney for a week (my husband ran the Disney marathon) and figured it was a good time to drop the car off with RR.

Who do you guys think I should have do the engine build? I can't decide.

EDIT: Thank you all for your comments and suggestions! I was debating on whether I even wanted to post anything, but I am glad I did!! I have already banned myself from MSF, lol.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks for the update!
The IC routing differs a lot from the speed3 kit no? Does that have to do with our AWD drivetrain? Dang it looked so clean on the 3. Oh well if it works it'll do I guess. :drive:

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
QUOTE (JumpingJackson @ Feb 10 2010, 02:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636039
Super id like to have windshield washer capability back, can you take pics of what you did with that?[/b]
yah no problem phil. as soon as it stops shitting snow here i shall.

here is my original thread with my original solution but i just did a new FMIC and SRI which forced me to move the washer tank into the fender well.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f106...-bitches-11705/

if 6club wasent retarded and let me search through my own past threads i would have posted the link from here.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Yeah i have an custom FMIC / SRI too so im going to have to fenderwell it up aswell.. Did you do use the same tank you were using before? Driverside or passenger side?

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (superskaterxes @ Feb 10 2010, 02:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636060
if 6club wasent retarded and let me search through my own past threads i would have posted the link from here.[/b]

Click on your name (above your avatar) and you will see "view members topics".

1 - 20 of 43 Posts