1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
399 Posts
I am sure both are fine products, but I would go with the extra coverage of the Raammat for the money.

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

I have been using raammat in my car and it's very easy to work with. Even easier than Dynamat Extreme. I wouldn't hesitate to give it 2 thumbs up. :)

The only installation problem is that if you are using scissors to cut it you will have to give up the idea of ever using your scissors for anything else, so don't use your mom/girlfriends/wife/significant other's best pair :p

·
Registered
319 Posts
I agree with Jared, but i used a utility knife and a new blade. I covered 4 doors, the floor, trunk and trunk lid with 2 rolls. Great suff!

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you read the website you linked you would have seen that the Raamatt and Ultimate still contain asphalt in the product...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I stick with dynamat. It'll cut the shit out of your hands, but it doesn't smell and I haven't found anything that sticks near as good as extreme.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you read the website you linked you would have seen that the Raamatt and Ultimate still contain asphalt in the product... [/b]
I am not sure where you are getting that from. Raammat is a primarily Butyl based product.

It doesn't have any of the negatives associated with an asphaly product. It sticks very well and is very easy to work with. No smell.

Specs on the current Raammat product from the website I linked to:

Mass Layer Butyl Form Roll Surface glossy aluminum Published Lbs ft2 0.35 Measured Lbs ft2 (with release paper) 0.40 Net Measured Lbs ft2 (w/o release paper) 0.38 Published Thickness (mils) 60 Published Foil Thickness (mils) 2

It used to be an asphalt product but they moved over to the Butyl composite. Having used both Dynamat Extreme and Raammat the cost vs. performance makes it difficult to justify the dynamat premium in price.

I'll be using some dynamat extreme in my install because I have a couple of boxes of the stuff left over from a previous project that I got at an excellent price (shop going out of business), but if I didn't have those I would be using raammat exclusively.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts