Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been talking with Steven from R1Concepts and he's thinking of offering a GB on some brake rotors. I thought I'd start an interest thread to see how many people would be interested before submitting for a GB. He said he needs only 5 buyers to make this happen.Here's the details:

Hey Justin,Thanks for all your help. 5-10 buyers means just 5-10 buyers. Either just the fronts or F/R rotors, I would consider to be a set. The rotors come Double cross drill slotted for the premiums and Single cross drilled slotted for the Elines.

Here is the description of the rotors:LINK TO DESCRIPTION OF ROTORS

Fr+Rr Premium Rotors
Mazda 6 2003-2005Orig: 349.99 GB: 300.00
Mazda 6 2006Orig: 359.99 GB: 310.00

Fr+Rr Eline Rotors
Mazda 6 2003-2005Orig: 135.99 GB: 120.00
Mazda 6 2006Orig: 145.99 GB: 130.00

Available Styles
Blanks
Slotted
Drilled
Drilled & Slotted
Dimpled & Slotted (Premium Only)

Pads
03-05
F/R posi quiet semi metallic pads = 65.00
or
F/R posi quiet ceramic brake pads = 85.00
or
F/R axxis ceramic brake pads = 90.00

F/R posi quiet semi metallic pads = 65.00
or
F/R posi quiet ceramic brake pads = 85.00

Shipping
This pricing does not include shipping. Shipping will be $25 anywhere in the US for PREMIUM. California shipping will be $18 for PREMIUM. Eline is still subject to normal shipping charges. CALCULATE SHIPPING

Lead Time
Premium: 1-3 business days
Eline: 3-4 business days (longer due to the zinc plating)

Contact Info
Phone Orders: 714-777-2323 ext. 7006
Paypal address: [email protected][/b]
This was spawned from LUV5M6's thread -> http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=74549 :)

Interest List - Add your name, year of your car, the type, and the style
1. Addict - 2005, Premium, Slotted
2. LUV5M6 - 2005, Eline, Drilled/ Slotted - ORDERED
3. robbiec_rc - 2003, Premium, Slotted
4. MikeyD - 2006 - Slotted or Slotted & Drilled [not sure]
5. kdirt - 2005, E-Line, Drilled/Slotted
6. Iluv2zmzm - 2004 - Premium Slotted, unsure about drilled/dimpled
7. Totally Custom Audio - 2004, E-Line, Drilled/Slotted

·
Registered
89 Posts
I run them and have for over 10,000 miles. Good rotors. No warping. DO NOT buy their pads though. Get yourself a good set of hawks or EBCs

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
im hoping these are bigger than OEM brake rotors, this is just for looks for me... & i would go with the E line either Just slotted or slotted and drilled, not quite sure yet. These seem sweeeeet though. Once we can get some true pics of them on a 6 i would probably be down.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im hoping these are bigger than OEM brake rotors, this is just for looks for me... & i would go with the E line either Just slotted or slotted and drilled, not quite sure yet. These seem sweeeeet though. Once we can get some true pics of them on a 6 i would probably be down.[/b]
There's plenty of pics on their site. http://www.r1concepts.com/gallery.html Not any on a 6, but I'm sure you can imagine it.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
I'm confused bout' the pricing like a crack-head tryin' to sell a cheese burger to a cop...

I want a full set of just slotted rust free coated rotors. How much shipped???

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
What country are they made in?

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Hey Justin,Thanks for all your help. 5-10 buyers means just 5-10 buyers. Either just the fronts or F/R rotors, I would consider to be a set. The rotors come Double cross drill slotted for the premiums and Single cross drilled slotted for the Elines.

If customers want slotted only or drilled only, which is what we consider custom drilling. It is an extra $5 dollars per rotor

Fr+Rr Premium Rotors
Mazda 6 2003-2005
Orig: 349.99 GB: 300.00
Mazda 6 2006
Orig: 359.99 GB: 310.00

Fr+Rr Eline Rotors
Mazda 6 2003-2005
Orig: 135.99 GB: 120.00
Mazda 6 2006
Orig: 145.99 GB: 130.00

This pricing does not include shipping. Please use the link below to calculate shipping.[/b]
cleaned up. the enter button is there to assist in creating a legible message ;)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What country are they made in?[/b]
couple questions:

1. are these safe for everyday driving, i.e. will not warp?

2. are they drilled after or they part of the mould?[/b]
I PM'd Steven. So hopefully he'll put his $0.02 in. AFAIK, the slots & holes are done after the molding by CNC. transitionit has 10,000 miles on his and I know there's at least one other member on this forum with them (check LUV5M6's thread above).

·
Registered
184 Posts
robbiec_rc - 2003, Eline, Slotted

I would buy the premium if you guys could cut out charging 5 bucks a rotor just for slotted and the 50 dollars for shipping. ;)

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
robbiec_rc - 2003, Eline, Slotted

I would buy the premium if you guys could cut out charging 5 bucks a rotor just for slotted and the 50 dollars for shipping. ;)[/b]
+1 and if you could tell me more specifically what the difference is besides the E-coating...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
robbiec_rc - 2003, Eline, SlottedI would buy the premium if you guys could cut out charging 5 bucks a rotor just for slotted and the 50 dollars for shipping. ;)[/b]
I'm working on that... ;)
...if you could tell me more specifically what the difference is besides the E-coating...[/b]
E-Coating, Less Holes (single drilled vs. double drilled)... This page, http://www.r1concepts.com/performance.html , compares them side by side.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
well lets see...

the premium has these over the e-line:

MILL BALANCING
Mill balanced to within 150g/cm

DOUBLE DISC GRINDING
Brake rotors are finished with a double disc ground finish
Ensures parallelism
Near Zero run-out
Near perfect Thickness Variation
Non-Directional finish
Promotes fast bed-in time for brake pads

STRADDLE CUTTING
Brake lathe cuts away minor imperfections to achieve exact specs and smoothness

plus the Black E-Coating. all that is added to the work done to the e-line rotors.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
I'm working on that... ;)E-Coating, Less Holes (single drilled vs. double drilled)... This page, http://www.r1concepts.com/performance.html , compares them side by side.[/b]
Read the page and thanks, bro...

So, the less holes the better, I thought? I'd get just slotted, if they didn't charge 20 bucks for that option. I like the look of the holes, but have read that they do nothin', but harm the rotors so I guess just a few of em' will be okay. Right???

Thanks, Biz. Do you think the added work on the premiums = 180 bucks???

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Read the page and thanks, bro...

So, the less holes the better, I thought? I'd get just slotted, if they didn't charge 20 bucks for that option. I like the look of the holes, but have read that they do nothin', but harm the rotors so I guess just a few of em' will be okay. Right???

Thanks, Biz. Do you think the added work on the premiums = 180 bucks???[/b]
Like I said above, I might be able to get R1 (Steven) to drop that +$5 per rotor. I explained to him that most of us wouldn't want that. Also, you have to realize what the total price is compared to companies like StopTech & Rotora. The premiums are still coming in at a decent price. ;) I would go with the premiums because of the added work & e-coat. RUSTY ROTORS ARE NASTY.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts