Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning on installing the AEM intake on this week....

My dealer moved to a new location and wont be up and running for another two or three weeks. I need my starter replaced. Do you think they will give me issues if they see the intake in there and try to blame the starter on that? Should i wait for the warranty work before putting in the intake?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ah screw it, im just gonna call the place and try and talk to one of the new techs and ask him about it... if i can swing my car by real quick so he can hear the starter making noise, this way i can show him before i do the mod and hopefully it wont be an issue. i really hate waiting

·
Registered
104 Posts
It is better to wait and get everyting done first. Even if you go by the dealership so a tech can hear, it not up to him to decide if it will be covered by warranty. He could also "forgot" that you came in earlier or be out sick the day you return. It is only two weeks it may seem like eternity, but a small price to pay warranty wise. I would also reccomend establishing a realationship with the dealership and find out their stance on mods before rolling into the dealership. always communicate via email so you will have records.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Law says they cannot void your warranty for unrelated issues. If your starter is bad... just about any engine mod you can do... is unrelated... So by law they cannot void your warranty....

If you install any aftermarket mods... They have to prove within reason that the mod could be related to the warranty issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
PerfectXtreme
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing