Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My main components are being ordered (amp, speakers, sub), now I need to make sure I have the small stuff, sound deadening, speaker wires, power/ground wires, etc.

I plan to go from front speakers > amp. the amp I'm going with is an MTX TA7804. Normally you need a remote connection to activate the amp, but with this amp if it senses 100mV-1V/1V-10V, it'll turn on. How much power does the front speaker put out? Because the input is RCA, I'll still have to go from +/- speaker wire > RCA. Do I still need a LOC?

Would it be better to run speaker wires to the rear then add the LOC or add the LOC behind the radio then run RCA wires to the back?

The amp will run front component speakers and a sub.

I'm planning on making a FB sub enclosure for the hatch.
Would this be the "best" way? max space, keeping spare.

needs: Speaker adapter, power/ground cables, sound deadening

·
Registered
200 Posts
That amp does NOT require a LOC. Skip it if possible. The high speaker-level voltage of the factory stereo does a very good job of rejecting noise. I like that setup - allows you to splice RCA cables directly onto the existing speaker wires. Xtant offers a pigtail you can accomplish this with. I think the factory wattage for our front speakers is 15 to 25 watts, so with a 4 ohm speaker, you're looking at around a 10 volt output.

Your hatch map looks good.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply! thats the answer i wanted to hear.
So I should splice into speaker connection behind radio and run speaker wire to the amp and use RCA "pigtails"

The Xtant HLA's are about $25, what is the name of general name of it?

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Xtant pieces.. I just call them RCA-to-speaker wire pigtails. :)

You can either run speaker wires to the amp and use the HLA's or use the HLA's up front and run long RCA cables. Either will work fine. Some say the latter would be better because RCA's have better shielding. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts