Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my AEM intake in, and i want to install it, but I have to go in for the reflash of the ECU on Tuesday.

Basically, are they going to be prying around under the hood or is the ECU hidden under the dash like most cars?

I dont want them to know i have aftermarket intake because i dont want to void my warranty. So im trying to decide if i should put it on, or wait until tuesday....

Thanks

·
Registered
661 Posts
go for it!

the obdii connector is under the steering wheel, under the dash. there is no reason for them to pop the hood but even if they do, I wouldn't worry about.

I had my oil changed and flashed at the same time and I have an intake and bov. They didn't say anything although I'm sure they noted it in my file.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Honestly...why even take a chance? If you have waited this long for the intake, you can wait 3 more days. Some dealers are better then other about aftermarket parts. Mine is actually pretty cool, even offered to install my stuff for me. But unless you know for sure, just leave it for now.

just my .02 tho

ßill

btw...MX-6 looks sweet. Do you have any other pics/info on the car?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I called about 10 dealers before I installed mine CAI, they are about 50/50 on the warranty issue. But only if it is intake related. If it is your clutch, radio, brakes etc. parts not related to your intake they will not even comment on your CAI. If you get a CEL the you may be looking into problem. Just think of it this way MAZDA SELLS AND INSTALLS MAZDASPEED CAI. :drive: I would be proudly puffing the sound it makes right in front of the parts-service doors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I decided to install the intake. I dont think they will say anything...

But I will say i am super pleased. I can actually hear the turbo and BOV clear as day now! :drive:

Grim, I have basically everything done to the mx6.

Heres a extremely short parts list since i dont want to drift to far offtopic even thought its my thread. :)

Turbonetics T3/T4 60 trim .63 hot side
Megasquirt V3 with coilpack control and all the extras.
24X12X3 intercooler core size
Blitz FATT Timer
Tial style 38mm WG

All the extras ect. Full exterior and interior done up as well, but im more intrested in the perfomance now...

I spend alot of time on mx6.com since im a moderator over there, and basically my real tuner car ;) If i didnt fall in love with the MX6, i wouldnt be a MS6 owner ;)

Let me know if you want to know anything else, always glad to share :yesnod:

Heres a few pics after the intercooler stuff.

Dont mind the red crap on the engine bay. That was my ricer leaking out. Its all getting ceramic coated black in a week or so.

Also JDM headlights with retrofitted TSX projectors OWN my MS6 Bosch E46's

Heres my Tsx's on the left and the MS6 e46's on the right

·
Registered
114 Posts
No kiding thats more cramed in there than the speed stuff is.i like.

·
Registered
721 Posts
i'm not surprised it's crammed in there, that's a V6 stuffed in with that turbo setup. BTW, nice lookin' ride, brings back memories... I came from a 626 background myself with an all motor KL-ZE, 2.5" exhaust, full PGT suspension, lightened MX-3 flywheel, PGT tranny, UR UDP, Addco rear sway bar, blah, blah, blah. She served me well but i've been a Mazda guy for the last 3 cars, 88' 626, 88' RX7, 93' 626, and now the 06 MPS.

As far as the dealer issue is concerned, i had my oil change done last week, they didn't say anything about the intake. I'm taking it to get flashed this week so we'll see if they mention it then.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually have alot of room in that engine bay since my battery, egr, and AC is gone, Plus i went to pusher fans instead of pullers ;)

It would look better if i cleaned it up a little, and redid the AFPR lines. :(

Im more intrested in getting it tuned and dynod than cleaning the engine bay.

This thread went real offtopic, but i guess thats ok since we solved my original question :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts