Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend giving me his eibachs for free off his Acura teggy with about 20k on them.

1. Will this application work?
2. Is it worth it?
3. How long are these springs suppose to last?

Thanks for any help guys or any other info.

·
Registered
328 Posts
1. i highly doubt they will work if you plan on putting them on your car.
2. yes springs are awesome (if you buy them for your car)
3. im not sure on a timeframe but they last quite a long time. usually you dont have to worry about springs just shocks, struts, etc. for suspension.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks for the info.
Out of curiosty, why wouldnt they work? Is there something different about the spring? size? process? I was probably going to do this myself, so any info is useful.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
application specific springs, probably have different lengths, spring rates. and the vehicles are completely different.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Ok, thanks for the info.
Out of curiosty, why wouldnt they work? Is there something different about the spring? size? process? I was probably going to do this myself, so any info is useful.
[/b]
There is a reason why you have to chose the type of car you are using the springs on when you buy new springs lol. I would not put those on your 6 as it is alot heavier then the 'Teg.

·
Registered
328 Posts
if you want to get eibachs get the right ones for your car. this goes with any part for any car. thats why companies make certain parts for for different models of cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts