Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
I am also switching over to HID's soon.The question i would like answered is,Has anyone ever done the retrofit to the Bosch projecters and used the apexcone D2S kit?the projectors themselves are $99.95 at hidplanet.com.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I don't recall anyone doing it yet, except I think falcontx has an Xtec D2S and Bosch projectors on his car. This is the route I'm eventually planning on going, so I can take advantage of the warranty and the benefits of the retro. I just haven't been able to scrape up the cash for it yet.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
i got the kit from a ex professional retrofitter for 370. but if you bought it directly from hidplanet.com its gonna cost like 399 for all parts.

so with shipping the kit will be like 420 i think.

420 for the kit
52.99 for xenondepot wireharness(ebay)
27 for nissan oem sealant
9 secure torx bit

about 500 dollars for a complete ready to go retro. all you need to do is put the time and effort into the work. which should take about a WHOLE day. took me all weekend because i came across some wiring issues because i blew a fuse, that set me back a day by itself. so took me all weekend.

I remember someone went that route. They used the Xtec kit + Bosch ECE projectors. I'll have too look up the thread, but i knew they had some reliability issues with the Xtec Ballast. I'd recommend going the complete OEM Retro from the kit at hidplanet.com
or
just get a regular kit for like 250 bux or whatever it cost.

EDIT: after finding the post at HIDPLANET.COM it turns out this club member was using DOT projectors...from what i heard and the research that i've done the ECE's dont let as much light over the cutoff, but the cut off is alot sharper...check out this thread...

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic....highlight=mazda

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info but that is more than I would like to spend. How much of a difference would you notice on the 6000k kit and regular bulbs? Does anyone happen to have before or after pics on their upgrades?

·
Registered
149 Posts
[attachmentid=16119]
Thanks for the info but that is more than I would like to spend. How much of a difference would you notice on the 6000k kit and regular bulbs? Does anyone happen to have before or after pics on their upgrades?
[/b]

this is a good comparison picture

Attachments

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Which 5000k kit did you get?35w or 50w?how did the install go?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
The lower the Kelvin the better! I would say go 50w 5000K that should equal the color of a 35w 4300K. Unless you are going for the most possible lumens then go 50w 4300K.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
OK all done, took a few hours, here are a few quick pics. Should have a review/write up in a day or two. Just one quick question, anyone know why the cut is not a straight line?
[/b]
i would say that it's to light up the road signs better... and if it's RHD car, the cut is the other around.. let's say for LHD bosch prj, the cutoff is __/__/`` (more or less) and for RHD bosch, it will be ``\__\__

some prj even have flatter cutoff, (s2k, tsx, TL for example), but they still arent flat.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
yes that looks correct, the left side is lower than the right side... but then again, not trying to convert you ... lol... but you can see the glare right away from the pics (but then again, it may be the exposure from the camera) GOOD JOB THOUGH !!! you'll like HIDs...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts