Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys. I want to make some mods to my car but I don't have the time or mechanical know how to do the work myself. I live in Long Island. Has anyone come across a place that actually knows what they're doing when it comes to working on this car. I feel like some of these places look at my 04 6i like it's a space ship and they don't know the first thing about what to do with it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Post the mods you're considering and maybe someone in your area will have a better idea who to send you to...or better, help you with it (only if you are willing). :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. I'm looking for someone to install HID's for me.
2. I'm looking for someone who can install fog lights into the bottom of the sport package bumper and have them work with the built in head light assembly fog lights and actual fog light switch.
3. I have and XM radio mounted really stupid like. I wanted to hear some ideas for mounting it clean.

Hope that helps. Thanks man.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
2. I'm looking for someone who can install fog lights into the bottom of the sport package bumper and have them work with the built in head light assembly fog lights and actual fog light switch.
3. I have and XM radio mounted really stupid like. I wanted to hear some ideas for mounting it clean.

Hope that helps. Thanks man.
[/b]
I am in L.I. also. But I am not your HID guy. I can point you towards a few good shops. If you are looking into mech work on the other hand like cold air intake install etc. I can definitely help you out myself. What kind of XM receiver do you have? The one I have installed is pretty slick and is readily available on the fly. If you come out to the L.I. meet next Thursday I am sure that you can find some one electronically savvy there and I can show you what I have done with my 6.
Pm me if you have any questions.
Rob

Also if you go to the "tri state" section you can find many topics of info for our area.
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showforum=89

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in L.I. also. But I am not your HID guy. I can point you towards a few good shops. If you are looking into mech work on the other hand like cold air intake install etc. I can definitely help you out myself. What kind of XM receiver do you have? The one I have installed is pretty slick and is readily available on the fly. If you come out to the L.I. meet next Thursday I am sure that you can find some one electronically savvy there and I can show you what I have done with my 6.
Pm me if you have any questions.
Rob
[/b]

I have the Original Delphi Skify with the red display because it looks the most natural. Right now it is mounted on top of the dash board storage compartment. It rattles around especially on bumpy roads. I have a mount that was designed for the 6 sitting in a box. The antenna is mounted on the dash. Would it be a pain to run it on the outside? Which reciever do you have?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I have the Original Delphi Skify with the red display because it looks the most natural. Right now it is mounted on top of the dash board storage compartment. It rattles around especially on bumpy roads. I have a mount that was designed for the 6 sitting in a box. The antenna is mounted on the dash. Would it be a pain to run it on the outside? Which reciever do you have?
[/b]
Dude Pm me, we need to talk :) You can run the wire to be on top of your trunk in five minutes as long as it is magetic as I believe all are. Just run it under you seat to the side of the car. Along the side. Lower you back seats and open your trunk. Then simply have it come through the top of you trunk and place the magnet onto the trunk. Orrrr I could do it for minor labor fees.... lets say $50 :) I am kidding.
Your reception is going to be 75% better believe me. My reciever is made to go form one location to the next. Well at first I only had one antenna. So I would have to use it inside both cars. That sucked ass!

Really though feel completely free to send me any questions that you have.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
#2 will give you 6 forward facing lights and wouldn't be legal. it is a very simple request however, not much extra wiring needed

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

Hope that helps. Thanks man. [/b]

What part of LI are you from? Nassau? Suffolk?

I can probably help you out with #1 and #2, I installed both myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts