Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just browsing through the new Mazda website (which is kinda slow right now) and I noticed the "Apply for Credit" link. Now, I don't plan on buying my 6 until at least September (for reasons that I've explained in other posts) but I do want to know roughly what I'd be paying for it and whether or not I'd be approved. By using that "Apply for Credit" link, I know that I can get an answer as to whether or not I would be approved, but does it legally bind me in any way to actually take that loan out now or purchase the car now? Anyone know? I looked through the TOS and policies on the site, but I couldn't find anything about it. Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, I'm new to this whole new car buying experience.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Reading Topic: Quick question about that

No, you don't have to buy the car if you have them run credit. You don't want to run it yet, if you get approved they will still have to re-run it when you get the car. Also an inquiry takes 4 points off of your credit score, and too many attempts of getting credit looks bad on a report, run it a couple weeks before you plan to buy your car.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Reading Topic: Quick question about that

Go to http://www.carbuyingtips.com
Tey have pages upon pages of dos and don'ts for car buying, I found it very informative.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts