Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should be programed, stroked, set, massaged, and/or corrected on the car itself before I sign on the dotted line. It'll be a one way trip from LV to LA tommorow and then I drive it back a few days later, so l need to let them know like NOW. TIA!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Make sure those tards put premium fuel in it!!! Tell them you are very concerned because you have heard of other owners receiving the cars with less than premium. Tell them you are willing to pay the different in cost (what, maybe $5?) to put premium in.
This should make it clear that you want premium in it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
What should be programed, stroked, set, massaged, and/or corrected on the car itself before I sign on the dotted line. It'll be a one way trip from LV to LA tommorow and then I drive it back a few days later, so l need to let them know like NOW. TIA!!!
[/b]
Make sure it's detailed, and full of gas. Also be sure to do a good walk around looking for any imperfections so that prior to leaving the lot any issues can be documented and a due bill provided for any needed repairs.

·
Registered
176 Posts
[/b]
Start the car and make sure the windows all work. If the battery has run down or been disconnected, the master window system needs to be reset. You can do it (instructions in manual), but you shouldn't have to. They should take care of it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Make sure the recall was performed. It is illegal for them to "deliver" the car before the recall is done. ( mine was not done, they even had the nerve to play stupid about it. Funny though that they kept the print-out I had about it in my car. ) They didn't do crap to prep my car. When I stopped by a couple of days later though, the ran my car to the back and detailed it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
make sure they detail it. when i picked mine up it was dark and raining they said they detailed it and they dident. i also mad them pull it in the garage to look over it.point is the plastic that covered the car for 4 month left lines on the car they didn't remove them i Had to do it. good luck

·
Registered
76 Posts
tell the dealership to turn off the seatbelt chimes for both passenger and driver, and also to turn on the autolock feature for the fob

·
Registered
651 Posts
tell the dealership to turn off the seatbelt chimes for both passenger and driver, and also to turn on the autolock feature for the fob
[/b]
+1

I had both of these done the very next day.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Check for small scratches, day after I got mine i found a few scratches that I doubt I put on there.
[/b]
That's why you should tell them to not detail it. I have seen several new cars (not mine) that had the finish screwed up after the dealer "detailed" it. Other than washing it off tell the dealer you will "detail" it yourself. Then, if you are unable to do it yourself, take it to a professionsl.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
[/b]
+2 my dealer simply wont do this....but that seat belt chime is definitely annoying.

dealers dont know how to detail a car. at best they will wash it and scratch it up. detail it yourself. be sure to look for paint chips and scratches. take your time. i did and found 4 small ones....which the dealer agreed to fix. if u look hard enough u will find chips and scratches most likely. the paint on these cars chips easily. take your time (15 minutes or more) and dont pick up the car at night. dont feel guilty about doing this, even if the dealer is sitting there and waiting anxiously.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My dealer had a check list that we both went through - it included everything from pointing out and testing the cars interiro options (ie; windows, air, CD, seat adjust, blah, blah) to a "walk around" on the paint and body.
Now if the car hasn't been washed and detailed, your dealer needs to be slapped

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Dealers don't detail a car... the hispanics or poor white trash working in the back (sorry but the 2 dealerships i've delt with use them)... "detail" the car... and they don't get paid per job... or any tips.. so they don't give a rats ass how good of a job they do...

I recently took my car to one of those wash places.. paid out like 70 bucks for a full wash.. clean.. detail.. wax job.. bla bla bla...

I was left with wax under just about every crack and plastic part you could find... all of the black plastic (rear bumper... antenna.. front grill) had wax on it... terrible job...

Live and learn... do it yourself... its fun... takes time... its even a good workout.. "Wax on... wax off... wax on... wax off..."

G

·
Make sure you check the windows & clock. It's in the manual, but you shouldn't have to do it. I specifically asked them to do it & after waiting another 2+ hrs I just left. The windows looked like they washed them with dirty water & they Armoralled only have way up the doors. I found an empty Red Bull can in the console.
Also be sure you get two keys that work. I traded my 06 MX5 in & they gave me my old spare key back.
When I called the dealer he wanted me to drive 100 miles back to Daytona.

Ps just put the Audio Link from RPM into the car. Works GREAT. To bad I didn't know about the rebate.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I didn't know you could turn off the seatbelt chimes for the driver, nice tip, I'll get the dealer to do that for me. What did the earlier post mean when it said turn off the autolock for "fob"?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts