Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the crappy hard rubber and soon to be cracking recirc hose that came w/ my cpe fmic + hks bov. SU sells silicone ones, and they are 13" in length. The tube from the HKS to the TIP is pretty long, and I'm not sure if 13" is long enough. I'm at work, so can't measure, and SU Mark didn't know either.

I'm asking bc I want to order it before I leave work so it'll ship today if it's long enough, as my new tip is coming in a couple days, and if I order it today, I'll get them both at the same time.

Anyone know? I'm gonna measure it when I get home, but was hoping to find out by 4pm EST, lol.

Thanks-

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, but I already measure it when I got home. Well, I half-ass measured it, but I think the 13" hose will fit. I ordered it the other day.. should be here tom or Sat. I'll let you know if it fits okay... in case someone w/ this set up needs one or needs to replace theirs.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I believe it was longer than 13". Well thats atleast what she told me. I ended up cutting about 3-4" off of mine.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I believe it was longer than 13". Well thats atleast what she told me. I ended up cutting about 3-4" off of mine.
Hahahaha oh no...

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it is about a foot, but I was measuring sloppy because I was trying to order before 4:30pm, but I just missed it. I'm pretty sure the 13" will be enough... I may have to cut a little off. We'll see soon enough...

Qwik, yours will be different depending on where you located your bov on your TB cold pipe, since you did a custom fmic. With the CPE kit, the flange is already there, so everyone with the CPE kit should need about the same length hose :).

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LMAO!! I missed that the first read through!! Qwik, I hope you remembered to clamp your TIP back on, hahaha. And tell that broad she needs to see an Optometrist, lol.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
lol. Well if its not long enough then go vta and run blow through. I want to eventually do this. I have actually seen someone run a garden hose for recirc. Maybe home depot has another performance mod up their sleeve.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol. Well if its not long enough then go vta and run blow through. I want to eventually do this. I have actually seen someone run a garden hose for recirc. Maybe home depot has another performance mod up their sleeve.
I would like to do the blow through set up and run it vta, but I'm not sure if I have enough room between the bov and the TB for the MAF and air straighteners. I was thinking I could have a custom pipe bent, and have a flange welded on further away, but not sure how much this would cost. Plus, I want to see some data logs of people running this set up first.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOHOO! It Reaches!!

For those of you who have the CPE FMIC, and want to use the 13" SU recirc tubes(only size they sell afaik), I have good news for you. It JUST reaches, and fits perfect, but there is like zero extra hose. This is using the Cobb TIP, but I think you would be fine with the CPE TIP as well. Here's a few pics:

Really close here, but makes it:

I'm SO glad it reached. The hose I had was hard ghetto rubber/plastic, lol. And the finished product:

Reactions: flightmedic
1 - 12 of 12 Posts