Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Mazda 6i - When I let off the gas, my car decelerates very quickly and seems to not have much

speed sustain (@65mph it will drop to 55mph in about 5-10 seconds).

Any reasons why this might be happening? Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
2004 Mazda 6i - When I let off the gas, my car decelerates very quickly and seems to not have much

[/b]
Does it have a manual or automatic gearbox? It sounds like automatic, but I thought I'd get clarification.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Is your parking brake on? Dont laugh, I've done it before. But not in my 6.

If it is an auto perhaps its in a low gear instead of drive.

perhaps your sence of motion is off because your drunk. J/K :p

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

[/b]

brakes might be sticking a tad... it actually happen to me. take off rim and put car in N and try to spin the rotor.. your inside (none piston side) should always rub a little due to design.. but the outide should not.. it's usually one of those retaining springs on the brake pads that break and make it rub a tad.. easy fix though autozone or such stores sell those things for like 5 bucks. good luck braaa

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
or the laws of inertia. nothing causing the car to accelerate thus is slows down.

If in motion with an eastward velocity of 5 m/s, they will continue in this same state of motion (5 m/s, East). If in motion with a leftward velocity of 2 m/s, they will continue in this same state of motion (2 m/s, left). The state of motion of an object is maintained as long as the object is not acted upon by an unbalanced force. All objects resist changes in their state of motion - they tend to "keep on doing what they're doing."

If you let off the gas. the car slows down. thus it keeps slowing down. The unballance would be the the accelerant no longer providing acceleration along with an unballance of the tires on the road that cause the car to slow.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
What I have noticed is that most people are suprised when the automatic cars engine brake themselves... my other automatic cars have never done that, and with the 6i automatic, as you slow down you can see it downshift and engine brake...

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
What I have noticed is that most people are suprised when the automatic cars engine brake themselves... my other automatic cars have never done that, and with the 6i automatic, as you slow down you can see it downshift and engine brake...
[/b]

the 2007 Toyota Camry has the same design and it is freaking them yota lovers like hell........

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
[/b]
One of the reasons I love manuals is because of engine braking.
This is a good thing to have. No? To control the car via the gas pedal and not always jumping on the brakes.

I never had an automatic that did that and I hated that "roll on" feeling after I took my foot off of the gas.

If 6i automatics have that, then I say well done Mazda. :drive:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
One of the reasons I love manuals is because of engine braking.
This is a good thing to have. No? To control the car via the gas pedal and not always jumping on the brakes.

I never had an automatic that did that and I hated that "roll on" feeling after I took my foot off of the gas.

If 6i automatics have that, then I say well done Mazda. :drive:
[/b]
+1 ..... now imagine this wierd roll-on feeling in winter multiplied on sheer ice ; yikes ! Here here my MTX !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts