Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my rotors are warped so If I replaced my Rotors do I need to change my pads as well?? I just got my pads like 10k miles ago and they still have a lot of life left. So i rather just keep them instead of wasting them.
What do you guys think?

Regards,

BigO

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
you'll usually want to replace your pads when you replace your rotors.

New pads will bed in quicker and easier than re-using your old pads. Your old pads might still be serviceable but they are worn into the taper of your old rotors.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see, well i just checked out my rotors and I can't really tell if they are warped, I touched it with my finger and there is a small lip on the outer edge of the rotor and a smaller one on the inner edge. But the symptoms that I get when I drive seem like warped rotors. Are wrapped Rotors not visible to the eye?? Also anyone know how many mm till the Rotors are done?

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
what are your symptoms? you should use a dial caliper and measure the rotor in prob 12 diff places along the surface (prob like hours on a clock) and write them down and compare. i think the service manual says front should be like .94 inches or something

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know they just seem like they grab like normal and sometimes I get some small vibration. I am gonna have one of my friends that's a Mazda tech look at it tomorrow, so we will see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts