Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did the splicing wire trick and actually realized that my sub isn't even working from the bose sound system. As in pre-splicing it didn't work. I haven't ran the power wire yet so I was just wondering...if the bose sub isn't working right now does that mean the amplifier is probably busted and if so will it be pushing power through those wires in order for me to get a signal for my new amp?

Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
572 Posts
i wud imagine you are running a sep wire for power, splicing into remote and using a low line convertor for the signal? if so then just use some jumper wires that are + and - into the sub and run them into some other speaker you have in the garage. that will tell you if the oem amp is putting out a signal or not. if it does not work, try the same thing at the amp to verify that there is not a splice btwn the amp and the sub, if still no, then verify that the amp is getting power, if the amp is not getting power then trace that down, if the amp is getting power make sure that it is turning on with the radio, if not check the remote wire to the amp. hope that helps. this is all from my basic knowledge of amps. the oem bose amp may be different, but the ides should be the same.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea Usually amps have lights on them to indicate if they are on...I can barely even see those bose one under the seat...it would make it so much easier :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts