Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently thinking to get a 6 (Classic or Luxury Sedan); $36300 for Classic and $43000 for Luxury (Auto/on road)....and was told not much discount as they are pretty hot at the moment and people are on waitlist...I would like to know how much did u have it off for ur 6s....or how much would u pay for 6 ??:sarc :sarc

Or maybe I should wait for a while...when they got enough stocks...by then better deal perhaps....what do u reckon guys? :p

thks!!:tit

·
Registered
60 Posts
Replying to Topic '**Questions for Aussie Mazda6 Owners**'

I take delivery of my Classic Hatch auto in about a week. I shopped around a bit in Sydney and Newcastle and there were no discounts available anywhere - not even fleet discounts. I think supply has caught up with demand somewhat since I ordered mine but that doesn't mean discounts will be offered. Probaly the longer you wait the better - that's if you can wait that long! I couldn't.

List price is pretty much what you'll pay. The only thing that varied from dealer to dealer was the delivery charge. I noticed proces ranging from $700 to $1300! The capital city based dealers will obviously be cheaper.

I paid list price for my Classic Hatch but wanted the 17" wheels from the Luxury. That proved difficult cause they are not an official option but I found a dealer who would do it. They basically had to ordered as spares and the dealer arranged for the local tyre place to take the original 16" wheels and tyres off their hands. A bit complicated but worth it I think. I didn't think the $7000 premium of the Luxury over the Classic was worth it. I just wanted the wheels. Not a fan of leather or sunroofs or bodykits.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Most recently I took a few quotes from dealers and the best price was high 33K for a classic sedan and 34K for a hatch. I think the price was 34K for the classic sedan with a rear wing, floormats, trunk protector and headlight protectors.

·
Registered
231 Posts

sorry me stupid... I gave you prices for a manual. As you can see they are just a touch below cost. I'd look at deals on financing ahead of sticker price deals.

I'd simply shop around for the best interest rate. I'd also wait till the new year for a couple of reasons:

1. There is the possibility that a deal will be offered. Mazda often have a bit of a sale. I reckon though that it will be a runout on SP20's and Tributes though. If you get lucky you might get the typical Mazda deal of autos at manual prices (this seems to be one of their favorites early in the year).

2. There is usually a slight drop in sales early in the year because of Xmas over spending.

3. More stock... supply and demand.

4. And as salesmen are starting their monthy tally over they might be willing to make a few deals to get some quick early sales.

·
Registered
63 Posts

34k does not include dealer charge and on road cost?

my classic hatch auto cost me around 38k on road with alarm, floor mat and the spoiler.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks guys....for ur replies!! I guess list price is pretty much everyone is paying at the moment, I have been to few dealers and one told me no discount at all and other one was saying...oh we can still do u a deal to make u happy...:wtf

well it has been a long time that paying list price for a new car...even ppl knock few thousands of a brand new WRX....not to mention that in brisbane now, some dealers are selling brand new WRXs (Bug-light shape) for $38990 drive away, those are run-out spec. My last car was Forester GT, and I managed to get $2800 off the list price....

I guess I just gotta wait for a while...maybe they will have some 2002 plates left or get one during Brisbane motor show in next Feb 2003, hopefully the demand will quite down a bit...or maybe not :p

·
Registered
231 Posts

Originally posted by shoomer

34k does not include dealer charge and on road cost?

my classic hatch auto cost me around 38k on road with alarm, floor mat and the spoiler.[/b]
Keep in mind that was for a manual sedan.

The hatch is $1000 more and then the price of your auto $2000 and your alarm, I am guessing $1000. Really sucks to have to pay $2000 for an auto.

G

·

Hi guys,

I'm waiting on my black auto Classic 6 with spoiler which should be coming in around a month's time. Needless to say I can't wait!

I purchased it recently in Sydney for around $37,750. This also includes mats, window tint and extended warranty. You guys are all correct that no one is offering any real discounts at all. Shopping around it seems that you can get some flexibility in asking for the small extras as well as getting some discounts on some of the options. Supply is really dry at the moment but it seems the shipment is coming in late Jan/ early Feb.

Hope this helps!

btw, glad to see some aussies on this awesome msgboard

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Lucky you!!

Havn't seen any black 6 on the road yet...but I bet it's real nice!!...

by any chance of photos when u get ur car....^^ cos i am thinking to get either black or silver :D

·
Registered
10 Posts

When I went to the dealer, he said pretty much all the dealers got together in a nice big conference and agreed not to discount the Mazda6 because "it sells itself"... I think the waiting list sorta speaks for itself and it has only been out a few months so... I was quoted over 37k for auto classic sedan... He said he was willing to deal in terms of accessories etc only (I woulda gone for mats + chrome exhaust tips, which are in my opinion essential for the dual exhaust, but at A$105 each, it's just crazy!!!)
The black Mazda6 is absolutely awesome in my opinion. The 1st Mazda6 I ever saw was a black sports hatch model, which was parked in in my uni pretty much the 1st day the Mazda6 was available in Australia. Damn I was drooling, and with the sunroof and clear tail lights, it just looked so awesome... ANd Dual exhaust?!?! omg...
Silver's nice too, but black really blew me away, but keep in mind, it was the 1st time I'd seen the Mazda6, a car I'd been eagerly anticipating.
Damn I wish I was the rich lecturer who owned that car, hehe, oh wellz :sarc

·
Registered
10 Posts

Oh yeah, I think the record sales Mazda's been having, which have particularly been pushed by Mazda6 sales will mean the prices will stick for a while... If you can wait then wait so you don't have to pay list price, otherwise pay list price and get the most acessories you can with that price... Inherently they're exceeding their targets and having record sales (I read this in a few papers somewhere)...
Anywayz, good luck buying your Mazda6
;)

G

·

No probs with the photos. I look forward to getting some good snaps here the day my 6 arrives :) Its auto so my sister can drive it too and I'll let you guys know hopefully how the a/t is as it seems most people on this board have manual.

I initially had the "strato blue" in mind but then i saw the black colour in another dealership and just really liked it.

If I had an unlimited budget I'd definately go the Luxury Sport Hatch in the Red! Don't know if any of you guys have seen this in the flesh but it is just too good looking.

·
Registered
322 Posts

ended up paying just over AU$48k on the road for a luxury hatch auto (with extras); but yeah, not much of a discount .. got like a grand off the RRP plus an extra 750 on my trade-in

broke down like:
37.5k for the car
600 for the spoiler
220 for the chrome extension
600 for alarm upgrade
450 for tint
1160 for paint protection, interior protection, etc
54 for slimline plates
486 for rego
1495 for dealer delivery (looks like I got ripped here)
2270 for stamp duty
4121 for gst

but it was like "if you dont want it, I'll sell it to the next person to walk in" rather than give me a discount... and they had the colour I wanted on their next shipment so who was I to say 'no' ...

ah well, so I probably didn't get the best price (I was hoping to screw them down to 40k on road) but at least I don't have to wait for 3-4 months before getting it (I pick it up next week *cheer*)

-- Rainchild

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Hey Guys!!

Guess what...I bought a 03' Black Luxury Sedan today!! will be arriving end of Jan. and the good thing is that I was managed to get "discount" ($2k+) of the list price from my dealer.

unlike one mazda dealer (Centenary Mazda, Brisbane) the cock-sucking attitude sales person I've ever seen, he reckon even u paid him in gold, u will still be paying the full list price....I hope they sell well with that kind of attitude!!:thefing

The dealer I got mine from offered me 12/02 Pearl white Lux-Sedan demo at first, but black is the colour I want, and the demo price was not even $1k less than what I paid for, beside I am getting 2003 plated car.....

Thanks for all ur supportS!! Will be keep u all inform about my Black6 when it gets here!!:)

·
Registered
334 Posts

i thought 2003 built models r suppose to come in around late march or april???
btw how did u bargin for that kinda big discount??
did u pay more cash or something so the dealer can avoid some of the tax ?? :)
give me some tips i will be ordering my 6 ASAP!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Originally posted by [email protected]

i thought 2003 built models r suppose to come in around late march or april???
btw how did u bargin for that kinda big discount??
did u pay more cash or something so the dealer can avoid some of the tax ?? :)
give me some tips i will be ordering my 6 ASAP![/b]

2003 plates will arrive end of Jan. I was told that they plated them in Japan....Mazda Japan will count the time they get here and plate them before they ship them over. U gets lots different stories from differnet dealers....before I bought mine, I went to 2 dealers and one told me no discount at all, and other said they can still do a deal....anyway, one day I drove pass the third dealer at end of Dec. and was just wonder if they have any demo or 2002 plates left, and that dealer got both demo and brand new 2002 plates. So I had a chat with the sale woman....I tried to give her impression that I am after 02 plate to get some discount, and she offered me the Pearl white demo and before I went for test drive and sit down talking about the deal...she was already hinting to me that they might be able sell the demo luxury sedan ($43100 on the road) for around $40000......so I ask her how about for a brand new one...she then told me....they can still offer some discount but not as much as the demo.....so I felt better and went for a test drive.

however, after we sat down and talk figures....I gave them 2 offers for both demo and new one, $38500 and $40500, guess what.....no deal!! She got the dealer principle came and talk to me....he offered me $40300 for the demo with mats, headlight and bonnet protectors, mind u that demo only done 750km and about 1 week old. Anyhow, there was no deal on either one, so I walk for.........

Next day, the sale woman called me up and ask me to going again....as her sales manger is keen to do me a deal. So I turn up again....I got straigt with him that I am after a brand new 2003 plate, Black Luxury Sedan.....and first I gave him an offer of $40900 with mat and tinting.....he came back with $41500.......well that wasn;t what I wanted....so I gave up the tinting...telling him...$40900 with mats and pretty much my last offer.....then again...he came back to me with $41000 with mat and he can't do any better....So I thought about it...guess that is pretty fair....cos other dealers ain't willing to discount at all.....so I took the offer!! I actually paying $40900 for the car and $100 for 4 geniue floor mats....actual discount was $2157.80 off the list-price. I also get full tank of fuel on delivery and 24HR road assistant from that dealer for as long as I own that 6. Also, I make sure on the sale contract is a 2003 plate car and had them wrote down the prefer delivery date is 31/1/03 and no later than 15/2/03. So if anything goes wrong I can pull out of it.

There you go...my buying story of Mazda6, I am paying cash for mine, but I think there shouldn't be any different in discounting with cash or finance. Talk figure first and then mathod of payment.

I agree that Mazda6 is in great demand, but I found those dealers not willing to offer dicount or had attitude that if u don't buy it next person will......are totally stupid and just turn customers away. As for me....best deal and service gets my business...don't feel that U should get one if dealers told u they can't get enough of them or whatever bullshit they said.

And forget about the best price u seen on the website like www.carsales.com.au or www discountnewcar.com.au I tried it, and they just refer u to some dealers near you and gave u call.....and I requested about 3 weeks ago in one of the website, no one call me for a week, and few days ago one sale person called up and returning my request and too bad...I told him...u are too late and I already bought one....u should listen to his voice...

one last tip...from what I heard from the sale manager, that classic is big demand and sport hatch too....thus they are not so willing to give away that much......maybe luxury sedan is not so popular.....but I reckon sedan looks pretty good too and is $1000 cheaper.....Now I just hoping my car will arrive soon.....and there are few things I need to add or change....and it will looks very tight!!

Hope my story helps...!!

Cheers!!

·
Registered
75 Posts

hi guys,

i don't mean to cross post so check out a posting i put in the general forum under "Question for the Sydney Owners " as it relates to this topic, and keep in mind that i got this price the same week the m6 was released.

most sales wanks asked why should they discount for me when they can sell to the next guy at full wack (last time i checked two sales were better than one).

don't pay rrp for anything, some dealer will come to the party (visited 5 in one day, Grand Prix Mazda Aspley finished the deal A$36,000 drive away classic hatch auto silv con)

good luck guys.

·
Registered
85 Posts

I finally got my 6 late last year - Luxury Sports Hatch in Blue Pacific.

Found that while dealers wouldn't discount the list price much, they would haggle over trade-in and accessories,
Picked up the Mazda6 mats for $50, Parking sensors for $500 and tint for $200. Saved another $1K by
shopping around for trade-in deals.

BTW - a word of advice. The Rust protection and paint protection are pretty much a waste of money ( esp rust ).
Fabric protection isn't much better. And trying to claim on the warranty against these things is pretty difficult too.

Unless you live on the beach or near some other corrosive environment they will make zero difference.
Stuff like this is almost all profit for the dealer. If you are worried about the paintwork, you can get a car
detialing place to do it for you for around $200, or do it yourself for around $60 and a bit of elbow grease.

As for the rust protection, just make sure you give the car underside a thorough spray with the garden hose
now and then.

Save youself the money - instead buy some CDs and petrol for a nice l-o-n-g drive

:D

·
Registered
334 Posts

Ordered my silver contrail luxury sports hatch the other day... dont think i got a massive discount but i did get some...

luxury sports hatch with sports grille, tinting and mat ... drive away price at a total of $46,300

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.