Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like I said in an earlier thread of mine, I'm pretty much an Atenza newbie. I'm trying to research the car a bit, but the site doesn't give me much information about this subject.

If you look at the side of this car: http://www.mazdaatenza.com/images/imggal/i...ges/yellow6.jpg

then look at the side of this car: http://www.mazdaatenza.com/images/imggal/i...ges/yellow2.jpg

Unless I'm crazy, those are two different skirts. What I was wondering is, do those skirts come with the sports package or are those after-market things? Does the front lip come with all cars too?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Reading Topic: Questions about the side skirt and front lip

if I am right, the second one doesn't has the skirts on the car.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Questions about the side skirt and front lip'

One is a preproduction model if I can remember and I wonder why the one is missing side skirts (production model) ; should come with it though...

The Japan/Euro/Aussie model will look different to the US market model.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

The first one is the the production car without add-on skirts.

The second one probably a prototype of some sort. It has skirts, but also "side panels" on the doors (it ends about 1 inch above the side protectors). They seem to be one unit (the side sills and the the plsatic that follows the wheelwell).

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

The front bumper is a bit different, too. Look at the fog lights and you'll notice that the curve of the fog light pit is just the other way round.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

It looks strange on the first pic compared to the other.. Like it's angry or something :)

·
Registered
70 Posts

I like that angry look... Makes the car look much more aggressive. It's too bad that isn't available in the States.

·
Registered
541 Posts

If you get the sport package in the US, you get a front bumper with a built in lip spoiler, side skirt extenders, a rear bumper with a lower lip, 17" wheels and "Optitron" gauges. all of these pieces can be added on to a non-sport package car by buying the kit from Mazda. I have a Redfire 6 with the sport package. Click on my signature it see it.

Go here to see a redfire car without the sport package....although he does have the 17" wheels from the sport package becuase he bought them separately. http://www.cardomain.com/id/stretchsje

·
Registered
315 Posts
Reading Topic: Quest

all of these pieces can be added on to a non-sport package car by buying the kit from Mazda. I have a Redfire 6 with the sport package. Click on my signature it see it.

The "kit" is a set of add-ons which attach to the existing not-sport front and rear fascias, which don't look like the sport package fascia. So, even if you add the appearance kit it looks different. Look at the US brochure and there is a pict of non sport 6 with the added "kit" pieces. It doesn't look the same. Also, the spoiler is a lip style not a wing.

Tome

·
Registered
541 Posts

After reading my post, I realized I didn't make it clear that you wouldn't get a new front and rear bumper if you decided to buy the dealer installed options. I had it in my head, but just didn't type it.

However, you can get the wing spoiler if you want it. You don't have to get the lip spoiler. All the pieces can be bought individually.

·
Registered
315 Posts

I like the lip spoiler. It would be great to be able to get the sport package with the lip spoiler instead of the wing. But, that may happen down the line.

Tome

1 - 11 of 11 Posts