Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it called the Mazda6 MPS? I'm trying to search on google for alot of stuff, like "Mazdaspeed 6" "Mazda MPS" "Mazda6 MPS", Mazda6 MPS returns the most results but if I try "Mazda6 MPS" "Top Speed" it returns an autoshow review reprinted on like 14 sites with the word top speed appearing for other cars. Which leads to my next question, what is the top speed on a mazda6 mps? Also, what kind of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times does it get? And is the price really around $28,000 (USD)? I hope so, I'm going try and save up at least $10,000 by the end of the year and get my family to give me about $5,000 so I can make a $15,000 down payment on the car. I gotta work at taco bell 54 hours a week for like 3 years to have enough money for that car but I think it's worth it. If it's going to be over $35,000 though I'm gonna say screw it, and save for a Mazda 6i or an Acura RSX Type-S.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Reading Topic: Questions about the mazda6 mps

Do you really work at Taco Bell? How much do you make, to be able to consider a $30,000 car? That's pretty impressive.

The concept car was called the MPS 6. It is part of the Mazda Performance Series. The MPS cars date back to before Mazda bought MazdaSpeed. When the car enters production, it will be as the MazdaSpeed 6. The $28,000 price tag is an estimate, and a very conservative one. I would guess it will come in several thousand above that. Let's look at the only comparable car coming to the US: the Subaru WRX STi. This is a smaller car with similar hardware (AWD, 6 speed, electronically controlled center diff. and turbocharged engine). Most estimates put the STi at around $32,000-34,000. That would be a great price point for Mazda to shoot for. If they can hit $28,000 they will blow everyone out of the water. I'm not saying it won't happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

As for performance numbers, the car isn't in production yet so nobody really knows. At a guess 0-60 around 5 seconds or less and a quarter mile around the low to mid 13 second mark.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Hehe yeah I really work at taco bell, I can take pictures of the uniform (complete with stains from whatever the hell it is they put in that food). Living with your parents provides some advantages, I can save all of my money for a car, and then laugh at my friends who bought crappy cars because they spent all their money on $50 pants $300 jackets and other crap.

Spending $32,000-34,000 would be bad, but not the end of the world. Those performance numbers seem pretty reasonable compared to the estimated times of the Subaru WRX STi, 0-60 4.59 and 1/4 mile 13.48, the MPS would probably get a 14 second 1/4 mile though.

What's an estimated price on an RX-8? I might consider getting one of those but I figure they'd probably cost more than the 6, the RX-7's were pretty expensive new.

·
Registered
391 Posts

RX8 Auto - $25,500

RX8 manual - $28,000

RX8 fully loaded - Around $32,000

Automatic RX8 has 210 HP and manual RX8 has 250 HP. Automatic does have about 10 pounds feet of torque more.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

Damn you Holland!! Prices aren't offical but it sais in every dutch magazine:

192 hp RX-8 around 45.000 euro
240 hp RX-8 around 50.000 euro

The concept car was called the MPS 6.[/b]
No its not.....Mazda6 MPS is the name

·
Registered
526 Posts

LOL - Worth it my a$$. When I was younger I came real close to doing things like this. It's nuts to slave yourself to working just to buy a car. This reminds me of that new Dodge commercial where the guy drives a Beemer delivering pizzas. As the party rocks on, he delivers the food for it since, for his age, he has to pay for a pathetically expensive ride.

54 hours a week? Are you nuts? At that point, who CARES if you've got a nice car. When are you going to drive it or take a girl out? You'll have no life other than "Running for the border".

Stop and think about it. Dude, you gotta do what you gotta do, but life is way too short for junk like this. Say it out loud - "I work 54 hour work weeks at Taco Bell and live with my parents!!!

Then say "So I can own a car."

It'll sound dumber and dumber every time you say it.

·
Registered
628 Posts

Agreed,

I am kicking myself over and over for spending the money I made when I was living with the 'rents for the first 6 months of my job. I could have been rolling in the dough. Now that I have moved out (2 1/2 years now) I can fully appreciate saving money and what it is like to live paycheck to paycheck. (Thank god I don't do that anymore)

Do yourself a favor and save the money you have for your future, don't blow it all on a big purchase, especially a car.

Ruefus - That Dodge commercial kills me everytime, like you are going to deliver pizzas *in* your brand new BMW just to afford to pay for it...

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Questions about the mazda6 mps'

Originally posted by zakabog

Hehe yeah I really work at taco bell, I can take pictures of the uniform (complete with stains from whatever the hell it is they put in that food).  Living with your parents provides some advantages, I can save all of my money for a car, and then laugh at my friends who bought crappy cars because they spent all their money on $50 pants $300 jackets and other crap.

Spending $32,000-34,000 would be bad, but not the end of the world.  Those performance numbers seem pretty reasonable compared to the estimated times of the Subaru WRX STi, 0-60 4.59 and 1/4 mile 13.48, the MPS would probably get a 14 second 1/4 mile though.

What's an estimated price on an RX-8?  I might consider getting one of those but I figure they'd probably cost more than the 6, the RX-7's were pretty expensive new.[/b]

True story (about living with parents)... but still, I work at IBM (on an hourly salary, but still, considerably above taco bell I'm sure) and affording my loaded 6s + insurance is painful... can't imagine a 34,000 car.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Wow, this thread is back from the dead again! FYI people, I haven't seen zakabog post since December, so your good advice is probably wasted. Oh well, maybe another Taco Bell employee considering a $30,000 car will see this and reconsider.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

Ok send me 4 Beef Burritos. I miss them.
In 1988-89 there as a Taco Bell here I went everyday but with the invasion they gone. But eveytime I go to Miami a visit TB
Yo Quiero Taco Bell

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

jeje

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Questions about the mazda6 mps'

jeje only an expresion. smiling

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Questions about the mazda6 mps'

http://gifanimados.tiendapc.com/animales_tierra/gato/******/Cat-03.gif

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Questions about the mazda6 mps'

I think jeje is sort of like haha. Remember 'j' in Spanish pronounce like 'h' in English. Is this right?

Bah, I am blowing smoke up your skirt. It means die die. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts