Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the U.S. and I have decided to go with the Mazda6s over the Nissan Altima 3.5SE and Maxima SE. I actually wanted the G35 6-Speed Manual, but alas, I cannot afford it :(

So this Mazda6 it is. I've noticed that none of my 6 local Mazda dealers have many Mazda6s models with the manual transmission. Most 5-speeds are with the Mazda6i, and most 6s are automatic.

I am assuming that I will end up having to order because the car I am looking for isn't in any local inventory. Heer's what I want:

Mazda6s
Sport Package
Bose Stereo

The car retails for about $23,100 with destination charge. I hoping to get it for close to $21,000 given the amountof competition between Mazda dealers in my region (New England). Does this sound reasonable, even if I am oredering the car? I know that dealers love to claim that ordering the vehicle means no negotiation on MSRP etc. I know this is bull though. What has your experience been when you bought your Mazda 6s?

Finally, when ordering a vehicle, about how long can one expect to wait for delivery? I have read as little as 4 weeks, to as many as 12 weeks. Is this accurate? And when ordering, I assume some sort of deposit must be made, but you don't start making payments on the vehicle until you take delivery, right? Now if it takes 2 months to be delivered, will I have a problem keeping my financing arranged for that long? What has your experience been?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Reading Topic: Questions About Ordering a Mazda6s Thru Dealer

I'm located in New Hampshire and my dealer was very hesitant to deal on my 6s 5spd saying they were tough to get. But Tully Mazda in Nashua, NH emailed me saying they would go $500 over invoice. Also I ordered my 6 in the end of Jan. and am still waiting. My dealer told me 8-12 weeks but I spoke to Mazda the other day and they stated 16 weeks which puts delivery in the second week of May. They also said that they are producing more V6 5spds now so the wait is probably alot shorter. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Questions About Ordering a Mazda6s Thru Dealer'

Originally posted by DRAGONS6

I'm located in New Hampshire and my dealer was very hesitant to deal on my 6s 5spd saying they were tough to get.  But Tully Mazda in Nashua, NH emailed me saying they would go $500 over invoice.  [/b]
That's a great price, even if it were an in-stock model. I'd get the stick if I could wait 3+ months for delivery :(

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Questions About Ordering a Mazda6s Thru Dealer'

Originally posted by DRAGONS6
            I'm located in New Hampshire and my dealer was very hesitant to deal on my 6s 5spd saying they were tough to get.  But Tully Mazda in Nashua, NH emailed me saying they would go $500 over invoice.  Also I ordered my 6 in the end of Jan. and am still waiting.  My dealer told me 8-12 weeks but I spoke to Mazda the other day and they stated 16 weeks which puts delivery in the second week of May.  They also said that they are producing more V6 5spds now so the wait is probably alot shorter.  Hope this helps.[/b]
Dammit, I probably could have done better!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts