Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my wife has a 2005 Mazda 6 i(pretty much base model except i added the 17s from a Sport).

My questions are:

My wife has a wax air freshener in the ac vent and it melted on the radio and left this hard melted black wax spot that will not come off. It looks like ass so i want to replace the radio. My question is which radios work and don't work. Ive found 2003 and 2004 Bose and non Bose 6 Cd and single disc. I know 2006 was the changeover center dash and even if it did work it wouldn't match the car.

Also if the radios are all interchangeable my question is if ive found a radio with a climate control attached can i convert mine from manual to auto ac simply by replacing the switch/center dash? Or is the auto function controlled elsewhere? Im interested I like taking base cars and adding little features to them. Like my 05 Corolla CE i added S alloys, fog lights(with factory switch), and time adjustable intermittent wipers. 6 Disc is next.

Also my last question is i noticed in 2006 Mazda Changed the drivers door switch to a much higher quality one with a Auto up and down function on both front windows instead of just the driver. Is this switch interchangeable with the 05? As in does it fit and is the plug the same.

All help would be appreciated. Ive exhausted the search function of this site and google.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know that Bose will only work with Bose, b/c I have an 04 6S with bose and it has it's own amps etc. that make them not interchangeable. Also while I do not know for sure I do believe the auto climate can not just be changed by replacing the switch/center dash bc there are sensors etc. that go along with the climate control.
As far as the switches I do not know that one, haven't had mine apart yet.
Hope I helped, I know for sure the Bose can not be changed with a non Bose and almost positive the climate control is more the dash, I believe I read that in a post on here awhile back

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot. Ive found that its a no on all of them. Door Panels change, a/c is controlled elsewhere, and no you say bose doesnt either. Oh well. Does anyone know exactly how hard it is to change the newer 06-08 front and rear bumpers? People say the headlights are different. What is different. Is the shape different or could i change bumpers and keep mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts