Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the mazda 6 a couple of days ago and the intercooler is mounted on the top.. how good does that work? what if u want a bigger intercooler?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
it's so annoying when people don't put any useful information in the title of the thread. I'm so sick of "found this today," "anyone else have this happen?" "question," etc etc

please use the search and please make appropriate titles for your threads. happy browsing

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was looking at the mazda 6 a couple of days ago and the intercooler is mounted on the top.. how good does that work? what if u want a bigger intercooler?
[/b]
To attempt to answer your question instead of being rude. As long as there is sufficient ducting to supply air to the intercooler it will be just as efficient as a FMIC. WRXs have them and haven't had any probs that I am aware of. If you want to go larger you will most likely have to go with a front mount. There are a couple kits out there that I have seen. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Alex, welcome to the club. please take a moment to read through the stickies in the Newbie section- these address policies for the club. post topics in the Newbie section until you're comfortable with the setup here.

to your question, there are serveral options in production & development to replace the OEM TMIC, you can find these by using the search function.

·
Registered
413 Posts
it's so annoying when people don't put any useful information in the title of the thread. I'm so sick of "found this today," "anyone else have this happen?" "question," etc etc

please use the search and please make appropriate titles for your threads. happy browsing
[/b]
Well stated, Digger10t. Consider this your first and only warning, noob. One more subject line like this and you'll be very sorry.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Well stated, Digger10t. Consider this your first and only warning, noob. One more subject line like this and you'll be very sorry.
[/b]

We have all been "newbs" at one point so lets play nice and point them in the right direction :nono:

Use the search before posting your questions, it only takes a few seconds and worse case your question is not answered then you would have to make a new thread.

But as said before the tmic has been proven in the turbo world to work well, occasionally we can expierence "heat soaking" but I would solve that with a C02 intercooler kit :) If you don't know what that is try the search :) :nana:

G/L and good reading,
Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts