Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what happen if i remove all the allwheel drive system ,diferential,drive shaft, i break the rear deferential :swearin:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
FWD? haha jk I have no idea, but I'm guessing this is a rank?

·
Registered
940 Posts
what happen if i remove all the allwheel drive system ,diferential,drive shaft, i break the rear deferential :swearin:
[/b]
Oh oh oh - pick me, I know.

You would have an overweight MS3 sans front LSD, right?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Oh wait i think i can read the broken down english. So, you were racing and the rear diff broke. Now you want to just remove everything from the pto back in order to just run fwd all the time? Is that the case. If so your an crackhead. :goon:

·
Registered
940 Posts
i beat the sti by three cars. and before just by one car
[/b]
Maybe you should wake up the STI driver and let him know you want to race (or maybe let him learn how to drive a stick) - any decent driver in an STI can beat a stock MS6. The STI is much lighter and has more power than our cars.

This was of course on a track right, because street racing posts do not comply with TOS.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Wow - if your car is that fast, why waste your time with STI's? Go beat up on a C06 or Viper or something.
[/b]
After I installed the sharkfin on my car; I was able to beat a twin-turbo Ford GT. :D :laugh:

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I am not recommending this by any stretch of the imagination, and I don't promote street racing...

If you are worried that at higher speeds (i.e. a 3rd gear start) that the AWD is slowing you down, simply pull the e-brake handle just enough to see the light, but not to engage the actual brake. This will make the car FWD...

Some people on here have done this and said the car felt great, I won't be doing it, and certainly don't think its a good idea... but its a solution to your problem...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am not recommending this by any stretch of the imagination, and I don't promote street racing...

If you are worried that at higher speeds (i.e. a 3rd gear start) that the AWD is slowing you down, simply pull the e-brake handle just enough to see the light, but not to engage the actual brake. This will make the car FWD...

Some people on here have done this and said the car felt great, I won't be doing it, and certainly don't think its a good idea... but its a solution to your problem...
[/b]
If this is the case, wouldn't it be possible to use some kind of "wiring trick" (with a button inside the car perhaps) to make the car think the e-brake is pulled up that far? Thus making a "2WD" button?

Don't flame me if i'm totally off, I don't know anything about cars. =D Heh, that's my story, blah blah blah.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If this is the case, wouldn't it be possible to use some kind of "wiring trick" (with a button inside the car perhaps) to make the car think the e-brake is pulled up that far? Thus making a "2WD" button?

Don't flame me if i'm totally off, I don't know anything about cars. =D Heh, that's my story, blah blah blah.
[/b]

Certainly possible and probably not very difficult to do. Question is, does anybody really know if using this method is bad for the rear drive train...

·
Registered
315 Posts
why make a button when you can just pull the e-brake up one click. That's just like a button. One click will provide NO braking force from the e-brake.

I did this a few times and it seems perfectly fine on the drivetrain. If you're at speed, after you take the e-brake off, the rear diff doesn't re-engage right away. You can tell this because the rear diff gets a little noisy at speed.

This car wouldn't do well on starts though with only fwd. It effortlessly spins the front tires in first gear. Mabey second too, but I didn't try. I put it back in awd promptly.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
[/b]
You could do this, but best to get dealer to fix it under warranty, if possible.

Would have to leave 1/2 shaft hubs in rear wheel hubs, but could remove 1/2 shafts, broken diff, and driveshaft. Also need dummy solenoid (resistor) to avoid cel.

Bad news is front axle not likely to be designed for lots of full torque, so would likely bust.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hmmm. This has me thinking. I wonder if on my 800 mile interstate cruise this weekend I should run on the highway with one click on the ebrake for MPG? Although the literature about the car says it will run 100% front-wheel drive sometimes anyway.

It would be an interesting experiment.

It also makes me worry that the sensor in the ebrake system will malfunction and leave me stuck in 2WD someday. Is there a light that shows the rear diff is disengaged? Other than the ebrake light?

It says on the Mazda website that the drive system will vary power Front to rear from 100-0 to 50-50 depending on yaw, throttle, phase of moon, temperature and humidity. It would be cool to have a display of this in the cabin.

Is this on the OBD interface?

·
Registered
70 Posts
It says on the Mazda website that the drive system will vary power Front to rear from 100-0 to 50-50 depending on yaw, throttle, phase of moon, temperature and humidity. It would be cool to have a display of this in the cabin.
[/b]
It would be cool to have it on display in the cabin, nice idea, heh.

The natural power ratio is 70:30, front to rear, correct?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts