Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2009 Mazda 6 (red) without the spoiler and now im thinking of getting one, but i dont know how it would look, so im just wanting to know should i get one installed or just leave it the way it is? thanks

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
You're the only one that can answer that question. Go look at an '09 with a spoiler and see if you like it. If not, leave it alone. If so, either bend over and pay Mazda's price or get online and look for an aftermarket unit you like.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I bought a 2009 Mazda 6 (red) without the spoiler and now im thinking of getting one, but i dont know how it would look, so im just wanting to know should i get one installed or just leave it the way it is? thanks

i prefer the look of the spoiler but what color is your car, there may be someone on here with the same color with a spoiler so you can compare....

·
Registered
563 Posts
You're the only one that can answer that question. Go look at an '09 with a spoiler and see if you like it. If not, leave it alone. If so, either bend over and pay Mazda's price or get online and look for an aftermarket unit you like.
you can get ones online/ebay painted to your color for under 200.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'd go with the spoiler. I mean, I'm biased because my existing 6 came with one, but, the spoiler really sets the second-generation 6 off, as well as the addition of RX-8 wheels.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'll whore my car out (yet again), but here is the 2nd gen with a spoiler (and RX-8 wheels)... it's also on an eibach pro-kit

It's not red, but I'm sure you can use some amount of imagination!

EDIT: ... just in case you have no imagination, a really quick/terrible color change (I also know there is a sangria red 2nd gen with chrome RX-8 wheels around the forum):

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
Today I saw 5 or 6 mazda6 gen2 at Montreal and I can say that I prefer my 6 with a spoiler then the ones I saw without, even the V6 without spoiler looks dull without that spoiler.. it really makes the car look sportier cleaner faster. I got the fogs and spoiler for ''free'' when I got the car.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I prefer the spoiler.

How about some comparison pics?

~Mike

·
Registered
476 Posts
wow the side by side pics really show the difference. It feel nude without a spoiler

·
Registered
45 Posts
wow the side by side pics really show the difference. It feel nude without a spoiler
Ha ha... I like how you said it, "nude" .... makes me feeling naked now :)
I do like it with a spoiler, but perhaps it's just not for me. Certainly looks very sharp and sporty with the factory style spoiler.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am a strong "form follows function" guy. (The engineer in me coming through) No spoiler for me. Evar. (Unless I'm driving an actual F1 formula car at 150+ mph). To me, a spoiler is not far off of "go fast stickers".
But that's just me. What ever flips your flopper! :)

·
Registered
908 Posts
I am a strong "form follows function" guy. (The engineer in me coming through) No spoiler for me. Evar. (Unless I'm driving an actual F1 formula car at 150+ mph). To me, a spoiler is not far off of "go fast stickers".
But that's just me. What ever flips your flopper! :)
Yeah, I wasn't concerned about any handling characteristics it had, if any.
I just love the way it looks on the car.
It does do a good job at blocking the headlights of the person behind you at night.

~Mike

·
Registered
659 Posts
I loved mine, up until this week.

Any idea how much trouble this thing is to get around with a random-orbit polisher?

I'm going to have swirl marks under it! *FAINT*

:D

Mike, it's a perfect distance gauge:
Above spoiler = safe+ following distance.
On spoiler = safe distance if it's not slippery
Under spoiler = not safe driving distance
Below trunk = should be paying you for the ride

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just an FYI, spoilers don't provide any benefit to the efficiency of regular driving. In fact, spoilers generally decrease the fuel efficiency on most vehicles.
That being said - I think the 6 looks great with or without. With = sportier, Without = slightly more sophisticated. Either way - you'll look fine.

·
Administrator
8,407 Posts
I've actually grown tired of the spoiler on my 1st-gen car.

As for the 2nd-gen, am I the only one that thinks it's too boy-racerish? To me, the 2nd-gen isvery stylish and sophisticated, and IMO the spoiler takes away from that.

Oh, and please, PLEASE remove the third light from your window if you plan on installing a spoiler. Having both the light in the rear window AND on the spoiler looks tacky IMO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Holy triple post Batman!

My 6 is sans spoiler but I was thinking about getting a lip. I have see a few on eBay but they seem very one size fits all and not tailored to the 6. Has anyone see these? What do you think?

·
Registered
19 Posts
For me, no spoiler or lip. I love the sleek look, but with a drop It would be much better.

Regardless, it's a nice car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys i just got a 2012 mazda 6 and is fully loaded but it didnt come with a rear wing. I was wondering what wing would be nice to but for it cuz im looking for something simple that is rite on the trunk no space between the car and wing like rest on the trunk any ideas. thnk u :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts