Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mazda6 was rear ended as some of you might know and there is a possibility it is going to be fix so I was thinking to have the shop that is fixing it, order the 06+ black tail lights in stead of the 03-05 red tail lights. Is there a price difference and does anyone know of a place that I can order them besides ebay? Also, are the black tail lights considered Mazdaspeed6 light or just 06 mazda6 tail lights?

Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
You can get them for $200 shipped from Showcase Mazda. http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=63012 (part #'s in the 2nd post). There is a difference between the speed and regular 6 black tail lights. Black Speed lights are around $600 I think (could be more or less, but they are alot more than regular 6 lights)

Speed (doesn't have the bulge):

http://www.triplezoom.com/gallery/albums//...6%20MPS/010.jpg

Reg. 6 (has bulge):

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?act=...st&id=13498

edit: Slv6sPitt beat me with the sale link

edit2: More info on tail lights: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=46942&hl=

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,553 Posts
Just to clarify this discussion (or confuse you further). :)

Both the regular Mazda6 tails (black or clear) AND the US versions of the MS6 BOTH have the bulge. The bulge includes a side reflector that is required by law. The bulge-less tails aren't exactly "speed only" tails, they're actually JDM-issue, or "euro" tails, without the side reflector, and are used on BOTH the non-speed and MS6. And yes, the Mazda website shows the MS6 with the bulge-less tails, but it's also a JDM car (noted by the "MPS" badge on the lower-right trunklid).

And the "pinned" thread in this section also has this info, plus pics.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Just to clarify this discussion (or confuse you further). :)

Both the regular Mazda6 tails (black or clear) AND the US versions of the MS6 BOTH have the bulge. The bulge includes a side reflector that is required by law. The bulge-less tails aren't exactly "speed only" tails, they're actually JDM-issue, or "euro" tails, without the side reflector, and are used on BOTH the non-speed and MS6. And yes, the Mazda website shows the MS6 with the bulge-less tails, but it's also a JDM car (noted by the "MPS" badge on the lower-right trunklid).

And the "pinned" thread in this section also has this info, plus pics.
[/b]
Yes furthermore, the MSP tails do not have "Swirlies" like the 2006 NA do.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. That helps.

I called Show case Mazda and they told me the 06 black tail lights are $200.64 and the 03 red tail lights are $318.05. Wonder why the 03's are more.

Also, she told me the Mazdaspeed6 blacks are $600+... what is the difference between the black 06 mazda6 and the black US Mazdaspeed6 tail lights?

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Thanks guys. That helps.

I called Show case Mazda and they told me the 06 black tail lights are $200.64 and the 03 red tail lights are $318.05. Wonder why the 03's are more.

Also, she told me the Mazdaspeed6 blacks are $600+... what is the difference between the black 06 mazda6 and the black US Mazdaspeed6 tail lights?
[/b]
Not sure why the reds are more, maybe because they are no longer making them? Beats me.

The Mazdaspeed6 vs 2006 NA Black tail lamps: Mazdaspeeds have no "swirls" on the housing where the 2006 does. IMO makes no difference unless you know what you are looking at. Take a look at mines, clicky the yellow submarine link to the pics.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks.

Which one would you guys like better on grey Mazda6 s, 03 reds or 06 blacks?

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,553 Posts
Thanks.

Which one would you guys like better on grey Mazda6 s, 03 reds or 06 blacks?
[/b]
<---------------------------- Check my avatar for my answer.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
let me tell you what to do.

buy regular tail lights for $70 shipped on the forum from a parted out car, if you need a set (red ones talk to me and ill find someone for ya) Next buy some night shade for 20 bucks maybe even 15. Next tint your tail lights and u got black tail lights that look great from 85 bucks!
Put that other 115 into some other mods.

the labor will only take you a little over an hour.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
I agree with Mikey, dont spend that much on the red tails, not worth it, you'll end up finding someone on this forum that would be willing to sell you their old red stocks for way less than that.

But IMO, I would go RED on a dark grey, and follow a theme that ways. You know, red calipers, etc....

:)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
The black taillights are awesome...even the ones done with niteshades. But, imho, red looks better on dark colors, like steel grey.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
ya dude no need to spend 200 + shipping.
Good luck with what ever you choose though!
PM me if you need some red tail lights cause i almost bought some from 2 guys on the forum. One guy was actually selling for 40 bucks! i think it was sold though but u can find another great deal. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i have a set of red tails in perfect condition if you want them just pm if you are interested i want to get rid of them so i will let them go pretty cheap.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If the other set of reds fall through I will sell you my set of reds....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts