Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a shop that will do fender rolling but a couple q's before i go:

1. should i wait until i get my new wheels? or can i go w/out the new wheels and just have the fenders rolled?

2. when i spoke to him he said do i need compounded or something like that, what the hell does that mean?? he also mentioned something else that i had no clue on....

thanks guys and gals

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
if you are planning on getting wheels later on, it doesn't hurt to just do it now. and as long as the body shop uses a heat gun, you won't need anything else. if they say so, they are just trying to scam you of some money.

·
Registered
905 Posts
the shop that did mine used a heat gun and still managed to crack the paint on my driver's side. It's on the inside but it still kinda makes me mad.

If you can roll your fenders now then do it. Then you can just throw on your new wheels and tires. As far as compounding, i don't know what that is.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Well I would advise you to roll your fenders BEFORE you put on wheels. If you know your combo is going to rub, why would you put them on and risk doing damage to your car/tire?

Therefore, yes its ok to roll your fenders before you put on the new wheels. Just make sure the shop does a full roll and does it correctly so you wont need to come back once you put your new combo on.

I also dont know what compounding has to do with rolling....... the only compound I can think of off the top of my head is rubbing compound, and that doesnt go hand in hand with rolling fenders so I cant help you on that one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Philter25
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing