Registered
3,226 Posts
Read this:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...=Mazdaspeed+CAI

and possibly also this:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...=Mazdaspeed+CAI

To summarize:

The MS CAI = The AEM CAI.

In other words, AEM makes the CAI and Mazdaspeed sticks its logo on it.

Now, AEM doesn't make a distinction between the ATX and MTX versions of the 6i.

http://www.aempower.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=134

And I know that lots of people on this forum are running the AEM intake on 6i ATX.

According to one of the posts in the second link above, the theory is that Mazda only gave specs to AEM for the 6i MTX. Therefore, they can only legally say that it will fit the MTX.

Maybe I've just gone and confused you even more. But, search and read up dude... that's the only way you're going to find the answers to your questions. :)

HTH

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
This may not be the case for the MS CAI, but on some cars a CAI may only fit on an MTX because it takes up less space than an ATX. On a Honda Fit for example, the Fujita CAI will only fit the MTX because the ATX gets in the way.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol...
ok thanks zoomzoomfan and awong~!
so..... have you guys intalled any of these?
how is it in the lower mainland especially in these rainy weathers

so is the 4cyl auto trans should fit? :nono:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
so..... have you guys intalled any of these?
[/b]
No... sorry to say. I've gutted my airbox, thats about it. For me, HIDs, LEDs, and other stuff took precedence.

Soon though... soon. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zoomzoomfan where did you get your car from?
I am afraid my dealership will void my warranty if I do the airbox mod

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
zoomzoomfan where did you get your car from?
I am afraid my dealership will void my warranty if I do the airbox mod
[/b]
My car and I both came from Ontario this past summer. Yes, I'm new to BC :)

I gutted my airbox after 6 months of ownership. No less than four dealerships have had my car for service since then, and none of them have commented (or even noticed) my gutted airbox.

My personal opinion is that dealers don't just void warranties at a drop of a hat. From what I understand, something needs to go wrong with your car first. A dealer will then try to find the cause of the problem, and if they determine that your gutted airbox is the cause, only then will they consider voiding anything.

But, that's just my understanding. Art is of course the person to ask since he, as you know, works for Mazda.

But, as I said before, my own experience has been that a gutted airbox either goes unnoticed by the service boys, or they do notice it and don't care.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Modifications will only void the part of the warranty that is affected. The modification has to be proven to be directly related to what went wrong with your car. Example...you have aftermarket springs and your shocks blew...you can bet that the cause of the shocks blowing will be the springs. However, the warranty for your car's intake system wouldn't be void because you took your car in for the shocks and there's nothing wrong with your intake, so the warranty for that part is still in effect. Get what I'm saying? Warranty for one section of your car can be voided if it is proven that the issue was caused by the aftermarket part. All other aspects of the warranty would still be in effect.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Modifications will only void the part of the warranty that is affected. The modification has to be proven to be directly related to what went wrong with your car. Example...you have aftermarket springs and your shocks blew...you can bet that the cause of the shocks blowing will be the springs. However, the warranty for your car's intake system wouldn't be void because you took your car in for the shocks and there's nothing wrong with your intake, so the warranty for that part is still in effect. Get what I'm saying? Warranty for one section of your car can be voided if it is proven that the issue was caused by the aftermarket part. All other aspects of the warranty would still be in effect. [/b]
+1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts