Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the bulb # for the US 5-door trunk light? I have been searching all over for the last 3 hours today (not counting all the other time I've spent looking), and can't find it. From what I have been able to find out, IT IS NOT THE SAME SIZE AS TEH 4-DOOR, which is a 74 bulb. The bulb in my trunk is kind of large, not small like in the 4-door. I am replacing every bulb in my car (excluding brakes and reverse), and am ready to purchase my remaining list on superbrightleds.com, but I am waiting for this one light. Every resource I have found keeps giving me the 4-door bulb #.

For extra credit, what would the LED equivalent be on superbrightleds.com?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
hahahah i searched forever to try and find it...i don't think it's posted...

i bought the 3022-x4 LED Festoon bulb

it's not the exact same bulb (slight size difference, but it fits fine), it works and gives off light and thats what i would recommend

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
tad bit too large, but the holder is spring steel so it fits...just a little tight

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i doubt the 9 bulb will fit and the 4 give off tons of light (i have the blue)

·
Registered
793 Posts
i've always thought about upgrading to LED's but always rather spend my money on making my car faster, even if its just a better wax to cut through the wind...LOL...j/k about the wax thing

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For me it's all about the feel of the car. And since I hate yellow-white light, its hyper-white for me. I am even switching out every bulb in my house, haha. Also, I am all about small, subtle distinction. I can't stand huge 'attention getting' mods that serve no real purpose than to draw attention (IE the vast majority of ricers). And speaking of ricers, I can't stand it when people will spend money to get a crappy sounding exhaust system, and not fix their cracked/unpainted front bumper. All they are doing is drawing more unwanted attention to a crappy car. "But imagine what it will look like when it's done!" Umm..... no.

....went a little off topic there, haha. But yeah. Lights ordered. Hopefully they will get here around the same time as my Silverstars.

·
Registered
382 Posts
pics! i have a 5 door as well and would love to see the outcome... more so if whoever does this has a steel grey with black interior!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Friggin sweet, bro!

I put my 4 LED in yesterday during the day, and I thought it was a little weak, but at night, it lights up very well. Same w/vanity lights, holy lord they light up the whole car!
[/b]
good thing when it's light out you don't need it ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
6 Participants
Bigbaddad
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing