Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah man, I just wanted to know if you guys bought the 150.00 option for the high-flow cat. I just wanted to see if there is a good enough benefit to justify getting the dp with the high flow cat. Or is it good enough to just buy the dp regular. Thanks and all the info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
the only reason to go with a cat is to keep it street legal & pass emissions. on that note, if you must pass emissions tests now or in the future and if your car is a daily driver it's probably a good idea to go with a cat. the cat is more restrictive and no doubt adversely affect gains, but a necessity for most.

·
Registered
129 Posts
So if one works at a dealership and can get passed either way one shouldn't need the cat? Doesn't make any other difference?

·
Registered
967 Posts
So if one works at a dealership and can get passed either way one shouldn't need the cat? Doesn't make any other difference?
[/b]
That would be a great trick. The emmissions machines are automated from my understanding. How would you guys do that?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just trying to figure the cat situation out. They want 150.00 for the metallic cat. I just read an article in a magazine and they dyno tested a test pipe, metallic core cat, ceramic core cat and oem cat. this was on a N/A car, but the test pipe made 5hp and 8ftlbs of torque more than the oem cat. But, the metallic core only made 1hp less and made the same amount of torque as the test pipe. After reading that, I think that i wll get the catted version now, 1hp isnt worth having to worry about failing emissions..

·
Registered
776 Posts
One good reason for CAt. is you will not have to worry about a CEL light coming on Sporactically. That alone justify's getting a CAt. version. Dn't wan to hassle with disconnecting the battery each time it comes on and then resetting everything (windows, radio..et)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One good reason for CAt. is you will not have to worry about a CEL light coming on Sporactically. That alone justify's getting a CAt. version. Dn't wan to hassle with disconnecting the battery each time it comes on and then resetting everything (windows, radio..et)
[/b]
Thats true, I seriously didnt even think of having to do that. I was just checking to see if I could save 150, but, I think that i will perorder one with a cat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts