Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Proxes TPT (about a year and a half old). I love the tire, leaps and bounds better then the crappy shitylins that came on the car. But I do have a complaint and was wondering if you might be able to help? Every morning I go out to the car start her up and go to work. And every morning on my drive to work I feel some vibration in the car. Once I have driven a bit it goes away. It seems like the tires flat spot on the overnight. Has Toyo had any complaints of this?

Thanks for you help in advance.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
If you live in a cooler climate, the flat spotting is certainly a possibility. Like most tires these days, TPTs have nylon overlays over the steel belts. Nylon is used because it actually contracts as it gets hot, thus maintaining uniformity of the tire at high speeds and high temperatures. However, nylon is very temperature-sensitive and slight flat-spotting in the mornings isn't uncommon (and again, not unique to Toyo). You may want to get your tires re-checked for balance, but I wouldn't worry too much about it if the problem goes away when the tires get up to temperature.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I work for a Vocational school district so I have access to a GSP9700 Road Force Measurement System and I take full advantage of it.

Again thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Bangadrum5
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing