Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of researching the ordering of a 6S.

I am in a bit of confusion. One dealer tells me I can order it 'just the way you want it', (3)others tell me that IF I want leather, I MUST order the sunroof.

I have called Mazda no less than 6 times, and no one there is of any help.

Can someone enlighten me. I get the 'package' concept just fine, just want to know if anyone has experienced this as well.

P.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Reading Topic: Question for those whom ordered their 6s

There are grouped packages. I believe moonroof and leather is one of those instances. If you want one, you gotta get the other. Best way to find out is to build on the Mazda website. It will usually tell you when selecting one package requires the selection of another. Supposedly starting in April (I think) they will no longer force this.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I ordered my 6s in Feb for April build. Starting in April, Mazda is loosening up on the dependencies between option packages but there are still some annoyances. The new configurator at Mazda USA has rules consistent with what my dealer has told me.

I wanted a 6s manual non-sport with leather/comfort and bose but nothing else. Turns out I can get either leather or bose alone but for both together, I would have to go to sport pkg, moonroof, etc. I opted to take the Bose and maybe add leather aftermarket.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'Question for those whom ordered their 6s'

I spoke with a rep at Mazda customer service, he confirmed that for Leather you get moonroof, AND stated that will be the case for the rest of the year!!

Alas, he did say the 'new' production schedule takes effect on Monday, and the number of 6's with V5 and 5-speed are going to be increased dramatically. Per our discussion, changes in the 'packages' are set at this time, but are reviewed each month.

On another note, Mazda is working with Ford to get better financing options for the 6s, out here in Cali you can get a 6i with 3.9 for 60 months... and no money down!!! One dealer I spoke with was going to ask for 2.9 across the board!!!

I did find a car to my liking, but I have a hard time paying $700 for something I really won't use or want.:p

·
Registered
12 Posts

My dealer told me I could get M6s leather w/o having to take moonroof as long as no other options are selected. The new Mazdausa configurator seems to confirm this. Of course, they may never build any this way.

·
Registered
980 Posts

Originally posted by WickdBlu6

I spoke with a rep at Mazda customer service, he confirmed that for Leather you get moonroof, AND stated that will be the case for the rest of the year!!

Alas, he did say the 'new' production schedule takes effect on Monday, and the number of 6's with V5 and 5-speed are going to be increased dramatically.  Per our discussion, changes in the 'packages' are set at this time, but are reviewed each month.

On another note, Mazda is working with Ford to get better financing options for the 6s, out here in Cali you can get a 6i with 3.9 for 60 months... and no money down!!!  One dealer I spoke with was going to ask for 2.9 across the board!!!

I did find a car to my liking, but I have a hard time paying $700 for something I really won't use or want.:p[/b]
I dont think I could ever go back to a car without a moonroof or sunroof. They are great for the summer time.

·
Registered
109 Posts

I ran into probllems when I tried to order. Had to have this to get that.........
Mainly had to do with the Bose system. And I was told it would be May before I got my car (this was in Feb) if I ordered a car.

I ended up looking at the inventory sheets of dealers in nearby states and they went and got me the closetest thing I could find.

I did not get the Bose (did not want leather). And I ended up moving up to the s from the i, and I am glad I did.

My dealer went and trucked in the car from a neighboring state (no charge)

It does seem that if you are going to order a car to be built, you should be able to get it any way you want...afterall, it is your money they are taking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts