Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Considering you probably negotiated well before purchasing your 6, what price do you reckon I would be lookin at for a sports hatch? I've heard that the prices in Oz are likely to go up sometime next year. Is that true? The dealer said the same thing when I bought my Protege last year, and the prices actually came down a bit. Lying bastard. Just though you guys can help me before I go back to these dealers.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Question for the Sydney Owners'

Hi Ozzy6,

To be honest I don't think you would be able to negotiate the price on a new Mazda6 at the moment.....

They are proving to be an extremely popular car at the moment !!! Selling like hotcakes...

You may be able to negotiate the price of the car in a few years time, when the car might not be as popular,

But If I were you, I would place an order for one soon, if you really like the car.

Cheers
Rod

PS - I Placed an order for a Luxury Hatch on 31st August and still haven't got the car yet, hopefully will get it by next week...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Hey Rod,

Your probably right about the price. I went down to my local dealership the day after the car was officially released and some woman had already purchased the only sports hatch the dealership was allocated. Had to settle for a test drive in a luxury sedan. I was hooked the moment I put my foot on the accelerator. The salesman even let me floor it at one stage. Its one hellava car I must say. Don't know if I'd have your kindda patience to wait for it after placing my order.... If you don't mind me asking, how much did yours end up costing ya?

·
Registered
17 Posts

Yep, I recently purchased a Mazda6 Wagon in Adelaide (I'm still currently living in the US!) and got exactly the same price from all the dealers, ie. straight list price. They know they're on to a good thing and I doubt there'll be any discounts for some time. Another indicator is the website discountnewcars.com.au, and there are absolutely no deals on the Mazda6 on there either. I take delivery in December!

·
Registered
510 Posts

Hey Ozzy6 !

I ordered the Luxury Hatch model in Sparkling Silver Color....

The Standard price before on road is $41,270...

Add on road costs & dealer delivery $ 3,288

Add Protection Pack
& Rust Proofing & Extra Warranty $1,590

Add Accessories:
Mats $133
Headlight Covers $95
Bonnet Protector $115
Window Tinting $395
Tow Bar $495
Rear Spolier $600
Scuff Plates $545

Grand Total $48,526.00

As you can tell the car is pretty well optioned, but if you didn't want these, you should pay approx $45,000 on road for Luxury Model or Sports Model Manual.

Hoping this helps...

Regards
Rod

PS - To Overseas guys these figures are in Australian Dollars so you will need to convert.

Cheers

·
Registered
157 Posts

Is the tinting dark enough so it is hard to see inside the car?

My dad is looking at a Mazda6 Sedan and from your info about the costs a 'classic' would be about $38,000.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I am looking to purchase a Mazda6 too. Maybe in the next few week I will pop in a dealership and negotiate a price. That is after I organise my finance.
Like what RodneyJ has say I don't think I would have much bargainning power, considering the popularity of the new model (unlike the new Camry).
Anyway below is my estimate of the on road cost of the car.

Mazda 6 Sport Hatch $43,250
Sports Grille $400???
Factory Tow Bar $495
Dealer Delivery Fee $1,295
Stamp Duty $1,298
Registration Fee $45
Tare Weight Tax $230
Estimated Total On Road Costs $47,013

I was wondering if you guys have any hints and tips on better position myself at the negotiate table. Realisiticly I'm not looking for a 10% off the RRP price, saving $1,000 would be nice.

Doesn't the all models of the Mazda6 come with tinted windows as standard. In the brouchue and on the website, it says 'Tinted windscreen, side, and rear windows' - tick, tick, tick and tick for all models.

Another thing on my mind now is which colour? Don't we all have that decision to make.
I have narrowed it to 2 colours. The Blue Pacific or the Canary Yellow. Each have their +'s and -'s. The Blue Pacific has a classic look, easier to sell in the future, but prone to make scratches and minor dents more visible. The Canary Yellow is much like white, and the scratches is less visible in the right lighting. However yellow is a fashionable colour, and it has that RiceBoy appearance to it.

J-Ability

·
Registered
17 Posts

jability,

As we've said in this forum, you'll be hard pressed to get a discount for a while. Mazda Australia had a record sales result last month solely on the back of Mazda6 demand. So, the old supply and demand equation means that the dealers have zero need to offer any discounts - the cars are walking (driving!) themselves out of the showroom at the monent. That said, you never know until you ask I suppose, so good luck next week!

As for colours - I've gone with Blue Pacific on a Classic wagon due for delivery in Adelaide in December. A bit of a gamble, as I haven't actually seen one in the metal yet (I'm still living in the US - and I went to a Mazda dealer over here last week and they'd honestly never even heard of the Mazda6!! Now remember this is the car that is supposed to rescue Mazda America and is arriving here next month...these dealers here really are dense schmucks!).

The yellow does look a bit rice and likely to date the car when it goes out of fashion (IMHO!). Tinting: like all other stock new cars, it is pretty light in factory form, so if you want darker windows you'll need a tint-job, which cost me A$395 from the Adelaide dealer.

Hope this helps.

N

·
0 Posts

Having been stung on 2 mazdas over the last 2 years - 2001 MX-5 and 2001 323 SP20 I would be trying to halve the dealer delivery charge at a minimum. I heard the same story on both these vehicles as I got on the 6 - new models - that demand was high and the price was going up - no discounts. Guess what - the price of the MX-5 went down from $43,500 to $39,900 and the SP-20 down from $29,390 to $26,990. When I change jobs next month I'll be handing back the SP-20 as the residual for this car has been stuffed by the price decrease and I'd be very lucky to get the residual for it.

You will be disappointed When in 2003 they are selling Sport Hatches for $39,990. Don't be burnt like I have !

·
Registered
75 Posts

Hi guys,
sorry this is late but last time I posted something i got shot down for joining in.

A$36,000 drive away for classic hatch in silver contrail, in mid August 02.

Five dealers quoted list price A$37,500. All blabbing about "very popular", "instructed not to discount", blah blah.

Told them all I, would only pay $36,000 and the second time I returned to the first dealer I visited, he said ok.

Took delivery end of Sept.

7,500km later I'm still happy (except for when speed and power is called for, but then my skyline takes care of that).

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Skyline...hmmm...another car we can't get in the States. It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

But congrats on your 6 n-spec. :)

Oh, and about this..

Originally posted by n-spec m6
            Hi guys,
           sorry this is late but last time I posted something i got shot down for joining in.[/b]
Glad your back. Don't take it to personally, it was just a friendly reminder not to cross post. You're always welcome here dude. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts

Just for the sake of comparison, for my 2003 6 with:

V-6
5spd AT
Leather seating
Bose audio
Premium Package
Moonroof
Comfort Package

I paid the equivalent of 40,415.63 AUD ($23300 US). I don't think this is out of line with what other people pay here. Tax, title and license plates, I was out the door for right around 25K. This seems to be a lot less than you guys pay for a similar car.

I think the fact that the car just isn't that popular here (yet) may account for the difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts