Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just some food for thought. I am probably going to get the DP as my next Mod, but was wondering what type of gains might be had considering I already have the CAI and Cat Back. Certainly the cumulative gains of the entire system will be less than combining all of the individual gains. Considering that all of the data you have shared are directed towards individual mods in comparison to a stock vehichle, it would stand to reason that the increased air flow from the CAI would lead to somewhat better gains on the exhaust numbers...but to what extent I don't know...so my question is...

What is the total HP and TQ gain of your all of your mods together (CAI, DP and Cat Back) in comparison to a stock vehichle? Some have speculated 35-45 WHP?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Should be more than 45 with all the above.

·
Registered
820 Posts
man, think about it, it will be about $1500 bucks to get @40WHP. That's pretty crazy. An MBC can almost reach that level for $15.00 Wonder if they can do a dyno of all three of their mods with an MBC @ 17-18 psi. The MS6 would show it's true colors. Then instead of $38 per HP they could achieve @$25 per HP (Assuming the addition of the MBC get @60WHP gain instead of 40)

·
Registered
68 Posts
man, think about it, it will be about $1500 bucks to get @40WHP. That's pretty crazy. An MBC can almost reach that level for $15.00 Wonder if they can do a dyno of all three of their mods with an MBC @ 17-18 psi. The MS6 would show it's true colors. Then instead of $38 per HP they could achieve @$25 per HP (Assuming the addition of the MBC get @60WHP gain instead of 40)
[/b]
You might be able to eek out more HP with a MBC but you also run the risk of destroying you engine. Also, if you plan on getting any sort of EM, like the AccessPort, there is no point. The AP will control it via the tune that you load onto it. Also, I would have to believe that adding a the complete Turboback exhaust system will net 30-50WHP on its own.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just from having dealt with other turbo cars in the past, a turbo-back exhaust with no cats and no mufflers will usually net in the 25-35 hp range. Couple that with a good CAI and you should be at about 50whp total.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I hope that you guys are right, I will have my car dynoed after the dp install. I got it dynoed last week and got 225hp and 270lbtq.So we will see

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I've got all three installed and I'll definatly be getting a boost controller, but I'll be using it to turn the boost DOWN. It spikes to 22psi with the combo and will hold 15 psi until 6000 rpm. I like it holding the boost that high, but that spike is terrible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts