Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Art~
Do you have a non-turbo mazda6?
if you do, have you switchd the lights to the 06 NA ones?
how long would it take?
that's all I need to know :laugh:

thank you guys!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Going to direct your attention to a feature known as a Private Message found under every persons avatar. :) (i guess his could have been full... )

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes my mailbox was full, time to purge :)

Are you talking about the taillights or the head lights?

·
Registered
649 Posts
He wants the black headlights from the 06-07 GT 6's and the 06-07 MS6's. It should take you about 30 minutes it will require removal of the front bumper and removal of the headlight housings. The black housings from Mazda will run you $700 + (US). There are no cheaper places to buy them. If you want the black housings but don't want to drop $1400(US) then you can follow the instructions on Mazda6tech for tinting headlights. That will take you the better part of a day with the baking and painting. Good luck.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thanks L Train, your absolutely right :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ya the black tails will fit, just make sure if you have a sedan you order sedan tails, as wing_woo pointed out to me today the lights are different between models but from year to year the are excatly the same and it looks to be an easy swap.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Sedan and Hatch use same taillights. Wagon uses a different one. The black ones will fit directly onto the your car. Also, the black ones are half the price of the red ones for some unknown reason.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
omg are you serious...how much if you don't mind me asking
morrey mazda quote me $274 bux for the set
I assume they are just the "housing" right? don't come with the bulbs, wires, just to use with my current ones right

and about painting calipers, haha I don't have any stands to jack them up, and I dont' suppose dealerships would do that?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Yes, that is the price. The red ones cost over $400 a set. Also, if you talk to Walter and tell them you know me from the club, he might give you 10% off. If you live closer to Langley, then you can ask Art and he can hook you up with 10% off as well I believe.

You wouldn't want the dealer to paint your calipers. Make sure you buy high temperature paint when doing it though. I'm sure someone here would be able to help you out. I don't have jackstands though.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I have a set of jack stands. For caliper paint, I recommend G2. Its applied with a brush and the finish and end-result is far more pleasing to the eye, IMHO, than the spray-on stuff that you can get from Canadian Tire.

G2 costs more however. $55 CDN for a kit. Also G2, as far as I know, can only be bought on-line.

If you're interested in painting your calipers, I'm sure we can organize a caliper paint meet sometime in future.

What colour's your car, and what colour where you thinking for the calipers?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
onyx black, probably red? lol
but the thing is, I FORGOT WHERE I PUT MY WHEEL LOCK thing ! :swearin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts