Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with a 4-speed tell me if your manual mode shifter switch looks like the pic I've attached? I have a permanent solution to 6-speed cars 'losing' manual mode, and I need to confirm if the 4-speed uses the same switch. Two trips to the pick-a-part yard has yielded no Mazda6's.....

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
Where would one find that switch? I can check mine once i have an idea where to look.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where would one find that switch? I can check mine once i have an idea where to look.
It's mounted to the side of the shifter. You'd need to take-off the cup holder, and then disconnect the shifter bezel from the center console The bezel doesn't have to be actually removed, the switch can be seen by looking into the gap.

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
yeah that looks like the 4 speed one. I am at work now so i could not get a great picture and my camera on my phone sucks. I can get a better one later i will post when i get it.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah that looks like the 4 speed one. I am at work now so i could not get a great picture and my camera on my phone sucks. I can get a better one later i will post when i get it.
I have no doubt it's the same. The original manufacture isn't allowed to sell the 6 speed one other than "the exclusive licensee" it was designed for. It's got to be either Mazda, Ford, or Aisin. It would make sense the same switch is used on both since it literally does nothing but send a micro-voltage signal telling the ECU and TCU that the car is now in Manual mode.

Means the switch I've found will work for the 4-speed autos as well.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts