Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I just got my new silver Mazda6i with sport package and the Bose sound package. While looking at pictures of the interiors of other peoples M6s with sport package I noticed that they had a strip of faux carbon fiber trim in the area between the glove box and the top of the dash. My 6i does not have this but I have the sport package. Is this something that is only on the V6 Mazda6s? Also, did you guys notice that your brakes smelled a lot when you first got the car? It smells like I am burning bacon on them (except for bacon would smell a little better).

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reading Topic: Question for 6i owners with the sport package

You will need to get the special ground effect package to get the extra special trim.

I don't know what that package is called in the States but in Canada it is known as the GFX package. This package includes the faux carbon fiber trim, electroluminesence dash, all black interior, special front and rear spoiler bumper (actual bumper mold and not add on pieces); boot (trunk) spoiler and add on side sills.

I think there is also an add on front, rear, hood spoiler and side sills but they are actual bolt on and does not look as good as the original package.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

In the states all that is included in what is called the "sports" package which I do have. I have everything mentioned above except the faux carbon fiber trim. Is this something they forgot to install at the port or is it only available in the states with the V6 M6?

·
Registered
837 Posts

Weird. Don't know. I have a V6 so I can confirm it. Anyone else have an I4 model check for silver6sb??

·
Registered
432 Posts

I think it must be deleted from the 6i. I was out looking around at the dealership this morning and I didnt see it on any of them w/the sport package.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reading Topic: Quest

Wierd...thanks for looking though. I can't say if I would prefer the trim I just wanted to make sure they didn't forget to put something on my car. I wonder why they would delete it? Doesn't matter though, my 6 is a joy and i get so many questions about it. Today i drove it up the street to show it of to an old man neighbor who just bought one of those ugly new Accords (he is the type that will by a Honda forever). He stared me down and I just plastered a wide smile on my face. He could tell I was going, "ha ha, don't you wish."

P.S. - check out the new Mazda6 commercial... http://www1.mazdausa.com/mazda6/asp/mz6_mov_des_h.asp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts