Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CPE intake also comes with a MAF to fix stop the CEL from turning on. Does this chip do anything else besides stop the light from turning on? Does it change the fuel mixture at all? Any other changes? I'd imagine this is how it gets such a huge gain over other intakes. I would certainly like to know what the MAF is doing to the engine before I go ahead and get one.

How does this MAF effect fuel economy? Positively or negatively?

·
Registered
391 Posts
From my understanding Kami the MAFci's main job is to "trick" the ECU into getting a different signal from the mass air flow sensor than it really is, which in turn the computer then adjusts the fuel mixture to compensate to the "fake" signal, which is really the correct signal for the intake. This was my understanding after spending lots of time on the phone with CPe for trouble shooting my MAFci which just ended up being bad in the long run... CPe shipped me a new one free of charge.

On my 6i, I have seen +1-3mpg better fuel economy than without the intake :)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Since the pipe is a larger diameter than stock, in closed loop, it adjusts the A/F to be a correct and stock 14.7:1, and it open loop it adjusts the A/F to somewhere around 12:1 instead of the stock 10:1. So technically at WOT you are wasting less gas than stock. This information should be easy to find if you bothered to look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
ShaDrag
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing