Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the Tein SS coilovers in the future, but I wanted to know if both the front and the back were compatable with teh Tein EDFC. The reason I ask is because I dont know where the EDFC unit would actually mount on the rear shock. Just wondering, thanks

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I'm considering the Tein SS coilovers in the future, but I wanted to know if both the front and the back were compatable with teh Tein EDFC. The reason I ask is because I dont know where the EDFC unit would actually mount on the rear shock. Just wondering, thanks
[/b]
Yes, they are. I'm not exactly sure how it mounts, as I haven't seen it myself, but I have seen Mazda 6's online that have it equipped and heard from customers that have it and it does work as advertized.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
What is the min I can lower the car with these? Can we get a GB??? Or any kind of discount? Does the online price include EDFC?
[/b]
The minimum depends on the style of car and size of engine you have, but regardless, it's pretty darn close to 1-inch.

There's not enough interest in this product for a successful group buy, but I did notice (and fix) a pricing mistake on this item. The price does not include EDFC. As CLTatenza mentioned, that is an additional $300.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Would it work on the mazdaspeed 6 model?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Yes, the coilover kits do work on the Mazdaspeed 6 because that portion of the suspension was not changed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It would fit in there, in the map box. But i can tell you a better place... (pics to come soon.)

By the way, if ya didnt know it only adusts the dampening levels of the shocks, both fronts get a setting that can be different from both rears. the EDFC does not adjust height, but the edfc is well worth the extra cost. If you ever wanted to tune the hardness or softness ( i do it all the time while driving, got my presets for soft med and hard) you'd spend money and TIME banging away under the trunk for the rears. so it is well worth the few hundred more to do it from the interior of your car.

Besides MORE ILLUMINATION!!!!! Thats were all the the performance is, in LCD screens.

I will be putting the same system in my wifes car when i can now that i have seen the light!

EDFC baby, way cool accessory. :boobs: :thumbup: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
cough tein sucks! cough

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
i've been running around on D2's for the last 10 days, and i'd take my Tein basics over those anyday. i can only imagine how much more i'd like em if they were adjustable!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
It would fit in there, in the map box. But i can tell you a better place... (pics to come soon.)

By the way, if ya didnt know it only adusts the dampening levels of the shocks, both fronts get a setting that can be different from both rears. the EDFC does not adjust height, but the edfc is well worth the extra cost. If you ever wanted to tune the hardness or softness ( i do it all the time while driving, got my presets for soft med and hard) you'd spend money and TIME banging away under the trunk for the rears. so it is well worth the few hundred more to do it from the interior of your car.

Besides MORE ILLUMINATION!!!!! Thats were all the the performance is, in LCD screens.

I will be putting the same system in my wifes car when i can now that i have seen the light!
EDFC baby, way cool accessory. :boobs: :thumbup: :cheers:
[/b]
Where would be a better place to put it? I'd like to know because if I don't use that space I can potentially use it for the gauge cluster that I've seen some people on the boards have.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i've been running around on D2's for the last 10 days, and i'd take my Tein basics over those anyday. i can only imagine how much more i'd like em if they were adjustable!
[/b]

true true... i was just drunk.. im not so drunk right this second.. i have the teinbasic's as u do and i tried a few other coilover kit's and once tein re-valved the blown shocks they sent me in the first place they were spot on.. i'de pick teins of k-sports, and koins.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry for the delay, I will take a better picture tonight (i hope- car is in the shop getting painted and adding a UR underdrive crank pulley)

the location needs to be customized, but very easy to do, just make sure you got steady hands when cutting the blank faceplate cover where the minidisk is supposed to go. When you mount the EDFC inside, you need to drill two holes into the bottom bracket of that space to mount the EDFC mounting screws, run them through the rubber gromets the EDFC comes with and they will act as shock absorbers for the rear weight of the unit where the cables are plugged in, they are heavy in relation to the weaight of the unit.

the EDFC fits perfectly in this space. The front of the unit is held up by the exterior of the face cover for the stereo as you can see on mine, the rear of the unit is supported with the screws and rubber gromets from bounce and shifting.

Way cool effect and of course more interior illumination!!! :cheers:

tein basics are not the same as the SS line. i do concur, the basics not so hot.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
tein basics are not the same as the SS line. i do concur, the basics not so hot.
[/b]
i think the basics are great....are the the SS, no, that's why they are $400-500 cheaper, so i'd hope the SS's are obvioiusly better.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Only in comparison does my reasoning determine the relativity of my opinion. i've liked Tein products a long time and with time always come improvements and replacements. The tein basics certainly have their place and i would hope that they too can be quite good for their needs and applications.

TEIN also has good email/online support as well.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Sorry for the delay, I will take a better picture tonight (i hope- car is in the shop getting painted and adding a UR underdrive crank pulley)

the location needs to be customized, but very easy to do, just make sure you got steady hands when cutting the blank faceplate cover where the minidisk is supposed to go. When you mount the EDFC inside, you need to drill two holes into the bottom bracket of that space to mount the EDFC mounting screws, run them through the rubber gromets the EDFC comes with and they will act as shock absorbers for the rear weight of the unit where the cables are plugged in, they are heavy in relation to the weaight of the unit.

the EDFC fits perfectly in this space. The front of the unit is held up by the exterior of the face cover for the stereo as you can see on mine, the rear of the unit is supported with the screws and rubber gromets from bounce and shifting.

Way cool effect and of course more interior illumination!!! :cheers:
[/b]
Thanks for the info, the EDFC is actually quite small I see. I'm afraid I can't put it there though, mine is an '06 and the center console has a different design.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i see, thats too bad. maybe you could ask the guys that make the modified face covers for this part of the console that RPM sells. It wouldnt be that hard to create one with a small opening. Believe you me, there should be plenty of space, wasted space, behind that console. If you have not removed your '06 model cover and checked yet, you might want to find out, i am not sure, i have an '04.

In theory, you may be able to find the space on the inside, and have a talented hand cut out a piece of the cover yourself maybe, use an erasable pen or marker, test on inconspicuous surface first of course, and simply score the plastic slowly on a smaller perimeter, then sand it with fine to the size you need. it should be snug with some wiggle room.

The EDFC is small (about 3-4 inches wide, by 1 inch high and maybe 5 inches long) but when i tried it out in the topdash map compartment, it essentially takes up so much space and renders the rest of that storage useless. You wouldnt want other things bouncing around in there with your EDFC.

The only other place i considered was at about 4 or 5 o'clock of the steering wheel, mounted on the outside kind of like how a cell phone holder might get mounted. be carefull about leg clearance though.

I still wasnt able to pick up my car yesterday, i had an interview.

REALLY GOOD PIC IS STILL COMING! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
8 Participants
HsMjsty
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing