Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I could "test the waters" on an item I'm wanting to sell? I was looking through the buy/sell rules and didn't really see anything, besides, "No price or interest checks." Is that basically referring to what I'm asking if I could do?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I was wondering if I could "test the waters" on an item I'm wanting to sell? I was looking through the buy/sell rules and didn't really see anything, besides, "No price or interest checks." Is that basically referring to what I'm asking if I could do?
Yes, that's exactly what it means.

Why not just come up with a price you want to start with and put it up for sale? You don't have to take anything less than what you're willing to take for it. "Testing the waters" is basically the seller equivalent of tire-kicking which is why I think it's discouraged.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's exactly what it means.

Why not just come up with a price you want to start with and put it up for sale? You don't have to take anything less than what you're willing to take for it. "Testing the waters" is basically the seller equivalent of tire-kicking which is why I think it's discouraged.
Thanks for clearing that up.

I could do that, but I guess I just would've liked to test the waters first so I could see if they're worth selling or not, but if it's not allowed then that's fine. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts